Answered on February 03,2018
Few of the benefits are as follows.
- Reservation of two seats for senior citizens in front row of the buses of the State Road Transport Undertakings.
- Fare concession to senior citizens in the State Road Transport Undertaking buses offered by some state governments.
- 30% fare concession offered by Indian Railways.
- Income tax relief
- The ID card also enables elders to utilise the various benefits available to them, in hospitals, labs, medical shops and other places.
- How to get duplicate MTC senior citizen Id card as I lost it? Write Answer
- How to update my residential address on Karnataka senior citizen card? Write Answer
- Can we change the address online in Karnataka senior citizen card? Write Answer
- Mare vay vandana sahay Levi rite Malse.Muje siniyar citizan card chahiye ? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
PGN Property Management
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.