Answered on December 14,2017
Following documents are required for voter ID card.
• One recent passport sized photograph
• Identity proof- This could be a birth certificate, passport, driving licence, PAN Card or high school mark sheet.
• Address proof- This could be either ration card, your passport, driving license or a utility bill (phone or electricity).
Answered on February 13,2019
Following documents can be used as proof of age for applying for Voter ID card.
- Birth certificate issued by a Municipal Authorities or district office of the Registrar of Births & Deaths or Baptism certificate ; or
- Birth certificate from the school (Govt. / Recognized) last attended by the applicant or any other recognized educational institution ; or
- If a person in class 10 or more pass, he should give a copy of the marksheet of class 10, if it contains date of birth as a proof of date of birth ; or
- Marksheet of class 8 if it contains date of birth ; or
- Marksheet of class 5 if it contains date of birth ; or
- Indian Passport ; or
- PAN card ; or
- Driving License ; or
- Aadhar letter issued by UIDAI
Any one of the following documents can be used as proof of address for Voter ID card.
- Bank / Kisan / Post Office current Pass Book
- Ration Card
- Driving License
- Income Tax Assessment Order
- Latest rent agreement
- Latest Water / Telephone / Electricity / Gas Connection Bill for that address, either in the name of the applicant or that of his / her immediate relation like parents etc.
- Any post / letter / mail delivered through Indian Postal Department in the applicant’s name at the address of ordinary residence.