Answered on August 11,2019
Caste certificate of your parent or relative is required to prove your caste. However, it is not necessary that you should ONLY have a caste certificate of your parent or relative to prove your caste. You can have any of the following document as proof of your caste
Extract of Primary School Register of applicant or father or grandfather
Primary School Leaving Certificate of applicant or his father
Extract of Birth Register of applicant or father or relative
An extract of Government Service Record (book) mentioning caste/community category of applicant's father or relative.
Document certifying caste issued by department of social justice
Validity Certificate if any of father or relative which is issued by scrutiny committee
Copy of revenue records or village panchayat record
Documentary evidence in regard to the caste and ordinary place of residence prior to the date of notification of the caste
Other relevant documentary evidence issued by competent authority
Answered on August 01,2019
Caste certificate in Maharashtra is provided by Tahasildar. You have to meet the Tahasildar in your area for resolving it.
Also, check with any of your blood relatives, whether they have caste mentioned in any of documents. It should not necessarily be your father or grand parents. You can also check with your Uncle and Aunt for the same. If it is mentioned, you can use it as proof.
Answered on August 01,2019
If you have your school leaving certificate with caste mentioned in it, it can be used as Caste Proof. School leaving certificate of your parents, uncle, aunt etc. can also be used as proof of caste.
Seva Sindhu Services: Online Application, Service Plus (2022)Seva Sindhu is an initiative of the Government of Karnataka to avail all the Government Services of any department in one place thereby saving a lot of time and money. Seva Sindhu provides ..
- There's my ST caste certificate already issued offline by Dy. Collector, Dhule district Maharashtra. Now I want new online ST caste certificate in a revised new format on the basis of previously issued.But new Dy. Collector rejected case & denied to issue. What to do? Write Answer
- If my caste certificate is of ratnagiri gaon hometown and my income is above 8 lac and in B group and I am working in Central gov, then where should I get the validity of catse obc, is it in hometown or in mumbai as of my income abv than 8 lac? Write Answer
- My daughter's caste certificate application in Maharashtra is rejected as it's showing Karnataka in my and my fathers caste certificate. We are in Mumbai since last 60-70 years and they are asking for proof of before 1950. We don't have such old documents. What to do? Write Answer
- I have Xerox soft copy of caste certificate. The original was made in Dhule but i have lost the original. How can i get a new certificate on the basis of soft copy? Caste is SC Write Answer
- I have lost my original Maharashtra caste certificate. But I have original caste validity certificate. How do we get the same number caste certificate? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Jean at Adventus Canada immigration
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.