Answered on May 17,2019
- Go to the hospital where you were born. Carry the Birth Certificate, ID proofs of you and your parents and request them to issue a correction letter.
- Prepare an affidavit from your father mentioning that his name was written incorrectly on the birth certificate
- Print it on an INR 20 E-stamp and get it notarized.
- After obtaining the correction letter and the affidavit, head to the nearest BBMP ward office which is in the jurisdiction area of your hospital.
- Obtain 2 forms at the counter, one for application for the birth certificate, the other for name inclusion (if it is not already included) and duly fill in the details in the forms.
- Attach a copy of the correction letter, notarized joint affidavit, ID proofs of you and your parents and submit the documents.You will receive the update birth certificate within 15 days of submitting the application.
Answered on February 01,2018
Correction can happen in Parent's name (Minor Corrections, such as spelling mistakes, surname inclusion, initials inclusion) or total name correction of Parents which alters the main name totally.
Please follow the below procedure for each of this.
a) In Parent's name (Minor Corrections, such as spelling mistakes, surname inclusion, initials inclusion
- Request Letter from the person whose name has to be corrected
- Photo ID of Parents
- Joint Affidavit of Parents
- Educational document of the Parent whose name has to be corrected
b) Total name correction of Parents which alters the main name totally
- Order from the court only
How to get Birth Certificate in Karnataka?A birth certificate is an official statement confirming the date of birth, birthplace, sex and name of the newborn baby. A birth certificate proves the legal existence of an individual ..
- How to get birth certificate by a 40 years old person who has misplaced his original birth certificate issued by BBMP? Only Voter id and Aadhar card available. Write Answer
- What is the procedure to include name on birth certificate of my daughter 5 months old in Karnataka. Hospital provided birth certificate has no name in it.Can permanent address be changed in birth certificate? Write Answer
- I was born in Mysore in 1998, I only have my mothers hospital discharge sheet with my gender and birth name and with my fathers name mentioned in the address. It has my date of birth mentioned in it as well. From where do I get my birth certificate issued? Should I go to Mysore or can I get it done in Bangalore? Write Answer
- How to get my name changed in my child's birth certificate in Karnataka? Write Answer
- How to do name change on birth certificate due to change in religion in Karnataka? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.