My father's name was written incorrectly on Birth Certificate. How to make a correction in Birth Certificate in Bangalore ?
- Go to the hospital where you were born. Carry the Birth Certificate, ID proofs of you and your parents and request them to issue a correction letter.
- Prepare an affidavit from your father mentioning that his name was written incorrectly on the birth certificate
- Print it on an INR 20 E-stamp and get it notarized.
- After obtaining the correction letter and the affidavit, head to the nearest BBMP ward office which is in the jurisdiction area of your hospital.
- Obtain 2 forms at the counter, one for application for the birth certificate, the other for name inclusion (if it is not already included) and duly fill in the details in the forms.
- Attach a copy of the correction letter, notarized joint affidavit, ID proofs of you and your parents and submit the documents.You will receive the update birth certificate within 15 days of submitting the application.
Correction can happen in Parent's name (Minor Corrections, such as spelling mistakes, surname inclusion, initials inclusion) or total name correction of Parents which alters the main name totally.
Please follow the below procedure for each of this.
a) In Parent's name (Minor Corrections, such as spelling mistakes, surname inclusion, initials inclusion
- Request Letter from the person whose name has to be corrected
- Photo ID of Parents
- Joint Affidavit of Parents
- Educational document of the Parent whose name has to be corrected
b) Total name correction of Parents which alters the main name totally
- Order from the court only
Birth Certificates - Recently Asked Questions
My daugher birth certificate had no name when we got it. Later after 6 months we added name on it with pen and did not know if anything else is needed. Now when we apply for visa, we feel this birth certificate will be rejected as we put name by hand. Now is it possible to re-issue a new birth certificate with name? How soon we can get it?