Answered on August 06,2019
In order to have safe bike ride in Bangalore, you need to take care of the following.
If you are staying in Bangalore for a longer period (more than 11 months), you need to get your vehicle re-registered and pay road tax in Karnataka. Vehicle re-registration process involves the below steps.
Get NOC for your Vehicle from RTO in Tamil Nadu
Pay Life Time Tax (Road Tax) in Bangalore
Get Registration Certificate of your Vehicle and New Vehicle Number from RTO in Bangalore
Details about Vehicle Re-registration is provided here.
Road Tax Procedure
Step by step instruction to apply for road tax is provided below.
Find the nearest RTO as per your residential zone. Bangalore is divided into multiple zones and every zone has dedicated RTO.
Calculate the tax amount: Road Tax or Life Time Tax (LTT) is calculated based on the price of the vehicle,age of vehicle and its cubic capacity. Life time of vehicle is assumed to be 15 years, so older your vehicle, lesser LTT you need to pay.
Check this link to calculate the road tax to be paid in Bangalore.
Fill the FORM 14. This form is required for paying road tax. The Original Invoice should be accompanied with this.
After this, deposit the required amount in the cash counter. If tax is less than INR 3000, payment can be made over the counter. If tax is more than INR 3000, a demand draft for the tax amount needs to be paid in favor of RTO.
Please note that for paying road tax, NOC is not required. NOC is required only in case of vehicle re-registration and ownership transfer.
However, it is advisable to get your vehicle re-registered as you are allowed to ply your vehicle in Bangalore without re-registration for not more than 11 months.
Complete Guide to RTO Services in KarnatakaRegional Transport Office (RTO) is a government organization responsible for issuing vehicle related certificates in India. RTO in Karnataka provides the following services. No Objectio..
- How can i get a helping hand for re-registering my vehicle from Chennai to Bengaluru? Write Answer
- I got my bike in Tamilnadu and registered in Tamilnadu. I got my HSRP number from the dealer. I have transferred my bike to Bangalore now and applied for registration in Bangalore. I got my number in Bangalore. But,my RC is not dispatched from RTO Karnataka stating that the dealer in Tamilnadu needs to provide my HSRP again. But, the Tamilnadu Dealer is denying to provide the HSRP for Karnataka registration. What to do? Write Answer
- What is the procedure of cancelation of noc given by Gujarat state for jharkhand state Write Answer
- I am staying in Bangalore in a rented apartment with a rent agreement in my name. My permanent address is in Tamilnadu. I bought a used car from another location in Karnataka. Will I be able to change the ownership online by uploading my rent agreement as my address in Bangalore through Vahan 4 website? Write Answer
- How much is TN to KA transferring charges while selling a bike and how many days it will take? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Jean at Adventus Canada immigration
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.