Answered on October 22,2021
Car Should be 3 years old from the date on the RC card.
The following should be renewed/paid upto date :
• Fitness Certificate of the vehicle
• Road Tax (pay RTO counter Rs.10/- and get an RC extract printout if you aren't sure about the vechicle’s FC & tax paid details. ONLY Cash/DD accepted and counter closes at 12pm on Saturday and at 2:30pm remaining days )
Procedure for conversion from Yellow board to Non Transport :
“Conversion of Vehicle & Smart Card fee”: Fill form no. 29 and pay Rs. 500 + 137/- , obtain Receipt. Get 2 postal covers, one for the smart card and other to hold a folded A4 size sheet. Write your Address and phone details.
With the above ready, head to the permit section inorder to get “remarks on permit. Next up is DSA - which verifies if there is any case pending in court etc and gives Clearance.
Write a letter stating “Alteration from Yellow Board to Non Transport. Attach form - 42 and 29.
You will now be eligible to pay LTT - Life Time Tax. The amount will be decided by the competent authority.
Complete Guide to RTO Services in KarnatakaRegional Transport Office (RTO) is a government organization responsible for issuing vehicle related certificates in India. RTO in Karnataka provides the following services. No Objectio..
- I have purchased a new car and can I travel from Karnataka to Goa with my newly registered car? I have not yet received RC and Number Plate. Can you guide, whether is legal to travel outside of karnataka before receiving RC card and number plate? Write Answer
- How can i get a helping hand for re-registering my vehicle from Chennai to Bengaluru? Write Answer
- What is the penalty on the lapse in renewal of registration in Bangalore? It has been 5 years from the expire date fo registration. What would be the total fine in Bangalore ? Write Answer
- I have recently bought a new Taigun in Bengaluru and registered in KA03. I want to change my car number in Bengaluru itself. Can you tell me how this can be done? I am ok to re-register again. Please tell me the procedure and expenses thereof. Write Answer
- I have taken NOC from Chennai RTO to Bangalore RTO in 2015. However the NOC was not utilised and I lost all the original documents like RC, road tax payment receipt, NOC copy etc. What options do i have? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.