Answered on August 15,2019
As on August 15, 2019, the Government of Karnataka has not yet implemented 10% quota in jobs and education for economically weaker sections of the society.
However, the modalities for getting the EWS Certificate will remain the same as the rest of the country.
Following documents are required for getting benefits under this reservation.
Voter ID card or Citizenship Certificate of self or parents
PAN card of self or parents
Birth Certificate issued by Competent authority/Admit card of certificate of Madhyamik or equivalent examination
Pay slip of Self/Parents
Income Certificate from prescribed authoritues
Certificate in support of sub-caste from Pradhan of Gram Panchayat, Chairman of Muncipalities, Councillor of Muncipal Corporations
Self Declaration in regard to family income, assets and sub-caste
The benefit of reservation under EWS can be availed upon production of an Income and Asset Certificate. In order to get EWS certificate, you need to follow the below procedure.
Visit any of the following officers in your area to get Income and Asset Certificate. The Income and Asset Certificate issued 'by any one of the following authorities in the prescribed format shall only be accepted as proof of candidate's claim as 'belonging to EWS.
Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar
Sub-Divisional Officer or the area where the candidate and/or his family normally resides.
District Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/ Collector/ Deputy Commissioner/Additional Deputy Commissioner/ 1st Class Stipendary Magistrate/ Sub-Divisional Magistrate/ Taluka Magistrate/ Executive Magistrate/ Extra Assistant Commissioner
Chief Presidency Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency Magistrate
The Officer who issues the certificate would do the same after carefully verifying all relevant documents following due process as prescribed by the respective State/UT.
Concerned officer will do an inquiry of your income and asset before providing the EWS certificate.
Seva Sindhu Services: Online Application, Service Plus (2022)Seva Sindhu is an initiative of the Government of Karnataka to avail all the Government Services of any department in one place thereby saving a lot of time and money. Seva Sindhu provides ..
- I am a farmer's son in Karnataka. We have land of exactly 5 acre. Am I eligible for EWS certificate ? Write Answer
- My category is 3B. Comes under obc in Karnataka and Un reserved in Central. How should I get central EWS certificate? Write Answer
- I have a problem with Karnataka EWS certificate.My ews certificate was generated on March 12 2021 and it's validity is till March 2022 (that is one year) and inicet says certificate should be after April 2021.So to get a new certificate it is not possible because they say its valid for one year and within validity period we can't generate new one. What to do? Write Answer
- What certificate is required to aply for EWS Certificate in Karnataka? Write Answer
- Can a Andhra Pradesh native apply EWS certificate in Karnataka? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Molleti Ramesh Babu
PGN Property Management
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.