Answered on December 29,2017
Yes, if you have not furnished the return within the due date, you will have to pay interest on tax due. If the return is not filed up to the end of the assessment year, in addition to interest, a penalty of Rs. 5,000 shall be levied under section 271F .
- In a case where disputed tax contains qualifying tax arrears as also non-qualifying tax arrears (such as tax arrears relating 10 assessment made in respect of undisclosed foreign income): Whether the assessee is eligible to the Vivad se Vishwas itself? If eligible, whether quantification of disputed tax can exclude/ignore non-qualifying tax arrears?
- My son is an NRI and his tenant has to deduct TDS (Tax Deducted at Source) every month and deposit in the bank. After every quarter, he has to submit Form 27A and 27Q online and then generate Form 16A. Is it possible that I deposit TDS amount as advance tax every month in the bank?
- I hold a PAN (permanent Account Number) and OCI (Overseas Citizenship of India) card and am a current citizen and tax resident of Australia. I am planning to come back to India after retirement. Will my Australian retirement funds which are tax-free in Australia be also tax-free in India, if I decide to become an Indian tax resident in the future?
- I am a non-resident Indian (NRI). I do (Systematic Investment Plan)SIPs in six equity mutual fund schemes that amount to INR1.8 lakh a month. I do not have any income in India and every year I get refund for tax deducted at source (TDS) of debt funds. I would like to churn my portfolio (units that have completed 1 year) every year before 31 March and reinvest the amount in same plan before 31 March. Will long-term capital gain tax (LTCG) tax reflect on my 26AS certificate? Can I claim refund as I do not have any income in India?
- Are there exemptions on income for Non-resident Indian (NRI) in respect of Tax returns filing?
- How to e-Verify your Income Tax Returns?
- I recently got my US green card and I file my Income Tax Returns (ITR) in India regularly. Is it possible to transfer these to a Non-Resident Ordinary (NRO) demat account? Can I sell shares and then transfer the money to an NRO account? Will Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) applicable on this?