Answered on June 21,2019
For selling bike in West Bengal and transfer it to Manipur, you need to get NOC from RTO in West Bengal from where your bike is registered.
NOC is a No Objection Certificate which certifies that there are no dues of tax on the vehicle.
Obtain NOC from RTO at West Bengal by the seller
Following documents are required to obtain NOC from RTO where the vehicle is registered.
CMV FORM 28 in quadruplicate (4 copies) for issue of No Objection Certificate
Pollution Under Control certificate
Consent of Financier on CMV form 28 (if the vehicle is covered by Hypothecation, HPA or a lease agreement)
Permit and fitness certificate (applicable for commercial vehicles)
Pencil print of the chassis number for the CMV 28 form
Photo identity and address proof
Once you submit all the applications, RTO will obtain a report of the vehicle from police authority to check if the vehicle is involved in any criminal case or stolen. If there are no incidence, then a clearance certificate will be issued. NOC application is free of charge.
Apply for Ownership Transfer at RTO in Manipur by the buyer
Once you obtain NOC from RTO from where your vehicle is registered, the buyer needs to apply for ownership transfer at RTO in the migrated state. Following documents needs to be submitted at RTO in Manipur by the buyer.
Form No. CMV 29 (Notice Of Transfer Of Ownership Of A Motor Vehicle) in duplicate
If the vehicle is covered under Hypothecation/HPA/Lease, Form no. CMV 30(Application for Intimation and Transfer of Ownership of a motor vehicle) shall be produced in duplicate with the consent of financier.
Original RC book
Copy of Pollution Under Control Certificate
Copy of address proof
Copy of PAN card
One passport size photograph of the person who buys the vehicle
Self-addressed clothed envelope with stamps of required worth affixed on it for speed post
You will receive the updated RC book in 3-4 weeks.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
- I purchased a Verna from Kolkata whose tax is due from last year. Can I pay one year tax, as I already want to get it registered here in Rajasthan? Write Answer
- I have taken my car to Pune and my car registration is from Kolkata. What to do? Write Answer
- I have registered my WB registration car with Karnataka RTO after following the entire process of another state re-registration, but car number still remains the same as WB. I want to change it KA number plate. What do I need to do? Write Answer
- I brought a scooty with karnataka registration no. 3 years back. I came to west bengal with noc. But I didn't re registered my scooty here. Now again I am planning to go back to Bangalore. And want to take my scooty also. What I have to do now? Write Answer
- My bike NOC is expired in 2014 from Kolkata. I have moved from Kolkata to Hyderabad and now to Odisha. By any means can I get it registered at odisha now? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
PGN Property Management
Indian Highways Management Company Limited
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
Advocate Sreekala B @6282313023
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.