Answered on June 21,2019
For selling bike in West Bengal and transfer it to Manipur, you need to get NOC from RTO in West Bengal from where your bike is registered.
NOC is a No Objection Certificate which certifies that there are no dues of tax on the vehicle.
Obtain NOC from RTO at West Bengal by the seller
Following documents are required to obtain NOC from RTO where the vehicle is registered.
CMV FORM 28 in quadruplicate (4 copies) for issue of No Objection Certificate
Pollution Under Control certificate
Consent of Financier on CMV form 28 (if the vehicle is covered by Hypothecation, HPA or a lease agreement)
Permit and fitness certificate (applicable for commercial vehicles)
Pencil print of the chassis number for the CMV 28 form
Photo identity and address proof
Once you submit all the applications, RTO will obtain a report of the vehicle from police authority to check if the vehicle is involved in any criminal case or stolen. If there are no incidence, then a clearance certificate will be issued. NOC application is free of charge.
Apply for Ownership Transfer at RTO in Manipur by the buyer
Once you obtain NOC from RTO from where your vehicle is registered, the buyer needs to apply for ownership transfer at RTO in the migrated state. Following documents needs to be submitted at RTO in Manipur by the buyer.
Form No. CMV 29 (Notice Of Transfer Of Ownership Of A Motor Vehicle) in duplicate
If the vehicle is covered under Hypothecation/HPA/Lease, Form no. CMV 30(Application for Intimation and Transfer of Ownership of a motor vehicle) shall be produced in duplicate with the consent of financier.
Original RC book
Copy of Pollution Under Control Certificate
Copy of address proof
Copy of PAN card
One passport size photograph of the person who buys the vehicle
Self-addressed clothed envelope with stamps of required worth affixed on it for speed post
You will receive the updated RC book in 3-4 weeks.
- What is the 2 wheeler ownership transfer process from WB to Sikkim ? Write Answer
- What are the steps I need to take to get my vehicle registered in Karnataka and complete all associated formalities? My vehicle is relocating from West Bengal to Karnataka Write Answer
- I bought an outlander car in the year 2015 which is WB registered and got NOC, is it still valid to re-register car in Karnataka. If valid then how to calculate Road tax for KA. Is there any fine that need to be paid since it is not registered? Write Answer
- I purchased a car in Kolkata 6 months back and now i need to relocate to Pune. Do I need to obtain NOC immediately to use car in Pune or can I use my car in Pune for a year's time within which I can obtain NOC from Kolkata and get my car registered? Can someone clarify whether the car can be used in Pune or not and how long without NOC and Pune registration? Write Answer
- We have taken west bengal car and taken NOC to Pune. Now we have to cancel that Noc. And we have to take noc to Andhra pradesh. What is process? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.