Answered on April 13,2019
As you have taken NOC from Pune RTO, record of Pune RTO will indicate that your vehicle has moved out to the other state to whom NOC is addressed.
As NOC was not accepted by Noida RTO, I believe it is not re-registered in Noda.
NOC has a validity of 6 months. So you need to cancel the NOC. For this, you may need to obtain a Non Utilization certificate of your NOC from the Noida RTO. It appears from Motor vehicle act, that there is no clear-cut procedure for it nor any format for this. Hence different RTO may have different practice on it. Where ever the RTO office is refusing to give this certificate, it would be essential you meet the RTO Incharge / Regional Transport Officer and seek his intervention. he can even give a plain paper certificate stating that the said vehicle is not registered in his RTO/State. With this certificate and also with an affidavit that there is no mis use and your request is genuine, you should approach the RTO where you got the first registration done and apply for cancellation of NOC. Since the NOC details would have been mentioned in your RC Book, it is not posible to either change the name/resell/remove NOC unless it is applied to the RTO.
Steps to cancel NOC
NOC cancellation is a 4 step process.
- Apply for Non-utilization certificate of NOC from the migrated state. Documents required for the same are listed below.
- A letter requesting Non-utilization certificate
- Original RC book
- Valid Insurance copy
- PUC certificate copy
- Affidavit stating that you have not registered vehicle in new state and no illegal work done using that vehicle
- Police verification certificate from the police commissioner office of the migrated state
- Original NOC documents
- ID proof
- Pay the road tax in the migrated state
- Once you have paid the road tax, you will get the Non-utilization certificate of NOC within a week. After obtaining the Non utilization certificate, proceed to the RTO where your vehicle is registered and submit the same documents as mentioned above along with Non-Utilization certificate that you got from the migrated state
- You also need to submit an affidavit stating that you have not registered your vehicle in migrated state.
You need to pay Road Tax in Noida. Road Tax is calculated based on the price of vehicle and also on the age of vehicle. Life time of vehicle is assumed to be 15 years, so older your vehicle, lesser Road Tax you need to pay.
If you are planning to do everything by yourself, it will cost you only some nominal amount (not including the Road Tax), say less than INR 500. You can also hire an agent to do all this. They might charge you upwards of INR 1000.
- Do I need noc for my kerala registration bike to use in Mumbai? Write Answer
- I'm riding a bike which has MH passing registration in Maharashtra and my plan is to move to other state (Karnataka) for two years only and then come back to Maharashtra again. In that case what to do? Can I ride freely there without any worry? Or do I need to pay Karnataka state road taxes? Also I'm not eligible to get BH registration. Write Answer
- I moved to Pune few months back and I want my bike here. It is registered on my name in Gurgaon with HR number. Can i use in Pune without re-registration. Do I need NOC or any other documents? Or I can directly take my bike and use? Write Answer
- How to change the registered name with fancy number at RTO ? I got my fancy number at Mumbai RTO 3 days back, while entering the details the clerk made a spelling mistake and the same got registered. Write Answer
- What's the timeline and process to get refund of Road Tax from Gurgaon, Haryana? I have already registered my 4 wheeler vehicle in Maharashtra. Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Task Master Gulf
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.