Home > RTO works questions > I have taken NOC from Pune RTO for Noida registration in 2016, but due to some issue NOC was not accepted by Noida RTO. But they mentioned that NOC was not used. Now don't want NOC for any other state. So is it necessary to cancel the NOC? Is my vehicle still registered with Pune RTO? Do I have to re-register my vehicle? What will be the cost if so?
I have taken NOC from Pune RTO for Noida registration in 2016, but due to some issue NOC was not accepted by Noida RTO. But they mentioned that NOC was not used. Now don't want NOC for any other state. So is it necessary to cancel the NOC? Is my vehicle still registered with Pune RTO? Do I have to re-register my vehicle? What will be the cost if so?
As you have taken NOC from Pune RTO, record of Pune RTO will indicate that your vehicle has moved out to the other state to whom NOC is addressed.
As NOC was not accepted by Noida RTO, I believe it is not re-registered in Noda.
NOC has a validity of 6 months. So you need to cancel the NOC. For this, you may need to obtain a Non Utilization certificate of your NOC from the Noida RTO. It appears from Motor vehicle act, that there is no clear-cut procedure for it nor any format for this. Hence different RTO may have different practice on it. Where ever the RTO office is refusing to give this certificate, it would be essential you meet the RTO Incharge / Regional Transport Officer and seek his intervention. he can even give a plain paper certificate stating that the said vehicle is not registered in his RTO/State. With this certificate and also with an affidavit that there is no mis use and your request is genuine, you should approach the RTO where you got the first registration done and apply for cancellation of NOC. Since the NOC details would have been mentioned in your RC Book, it is not posible to either change the name/resell/remove NOC unless it is applied to the RTO.
Steps to cancel NOC
NOC cancellation is a 4 step process.
- Apply for Non-utilization certificate of NOC from the migrated state. Documents required for the same are listed below.
- A letter requesting Non-utilization certificate
- Original RC book
- Valid Insurance copy
- PUC certificate copy
- Affidavit stating that you have not registered vehicle in new state and no illegal work done using that vehicle
- Police verification certificate from the police commissioner office of the migrated state
- Original NOC documents
- ID proof
- Pay the road tax in the migrated state
- Once you have paid the road tax, you will get the Non-utilization certificate of NOC within a week. After obtaining the Non utilization certificate, proceed to the RTO where your vehicle is registered and submit the same documents as mentioned above along with Non-Utilization certificate that you got from the migrated state
- You also need to submit an affidavit stating that you have not registered your vehicle in migrated state.
You need to pay Road Tax in Noida. Road Tax is calculated based on the price of vehicle and also on the age of vehicle. Life time of vehicle is assumed to be 15 years, so older your vehicle, lesser Road Tax you need to pay.
If you are planning to do everything by yourself, it will cost you only some nominal amount (not including the Road Tax), say less than INR 500. You can also hire an agent to do all this. They might charge you upwards of INR 1000.
RTO works - Recently Asked Questions
I am planning to bring my car in Bangalore. My car is having Jharkhand registered number (JH01). I don't want to re-register my car here as I will keep my car here for maximum of 3 years. What is the procedure to get my car here in Bangalore without going for registration. I spoke to RTO in my native and they told once NOC is issued against the car then it will be difficult to bring it back to Jharkhand. Is paying only road tax in Bangalore serve my purpose without being penalised by the traffic police in case they check my documents if caught? Is it possible to pay the road tax on yearly basis in Bangalore? It will be helpful if anyone can share me the complete procedure for car movement.