Answered on December 29,2017
Original return can be revised under section 139(5) within a period of one year from the end of the relevant assessment year or before completion of the assessment whichever is earlier if person furnished original return on or before the due (till assessment year 2016-17). In assessment year 2017-18, any original return (which is furnished on or before or after due date) can be revised within a period of one year from the end of the relevant assessment year or before completion of the assessment whichever is earlier.
From the assessment year 2018-19 return of income can be revised (original return is filed on or before due date of after due date) at any time during the assessment year or before the assessment made whichever is earlier.
If original return has filed in paper format or manually, then technically it cannot be revised by online mode or electronically.
If a person is furnished original return and finds any mistake, omission or any wrong statement, then return should revised within prescribed time limit
- My son is an NRI and his tenant has to deduct TDS (Tax Deducted at Source) every month and deposit in the bank. After every quarter, he has to submit Form 27A and 27Q online and then generate Form 16A. Is it possible that I deposit TDS amount as advance tax every month in the bank?
- I am a senior citizen and the length of income tax return form 2 or ITR 2 is worrying. Is it necessary for a Non-Resident Indian (NRI) to fill the Schedule of FSI, tax relief (TR), Foreign Assets (FA)?
- I am a non-resident Indian (NRI). I do (Systematic Investment Plan)SIPs in six equity mutual fund schemes that amount to INR1.8 lakh a month. I do not have any income in India and every year I get refund for tax deducted at source (TDS) of debt funds. I would like to churn my portfolio (units that have completed 1 year) every year before 31 March and reinvest the amount in same plan before 31 March. Will long-term capital gain tax (LTCG) tax reflect on my 26AS certificate? Can I claim refund as I do not have any income in India?
- I am an Indian resident. Can I ask the US firm to deposit the money directly into my India bank account? What will be the interest rates paid to me by the banks in India? Will the US firm be expected to deduct TDS and remit to income-tax department in India and give me proof of such deposit in Form 16. Will I need to charge Goods and Services Tax, (GST) on the earnings and remit to government?
- What is the road tax amount for yellow board vehicle while purchasing?
- ഇന്ത്യയിൽ നിയമപരമായി നികുതിയിളവ് നേടുവാനുള്ള മാർഗങ്ങൾ എന്തൊക്കെയാണ് ?
- ഫ്രീലാൻസർ ആയിട്ടുള്ള ഒരാൾ ജി.എസ്.ടി രജിസ്റ്റർ ചെയ്യണോ ?