I am a senior citizen and the length of income tax return form 2 or ITR 2 is worrying. Is it necessary for a Non-Resident Indian (NRI) to fill the Schedule of FSI, tax relief (TR), Foreign Assets (FA)?

If its not applicable to you, leave that. You have to give your ID number issued by the Country of residence, and the number of days stay in India during the previous year and four years preceeding the previous year.

How would you rate the answer?

Excellent Good Neutral Poor Bad

Thank you for your response..

Akhila Akhila
Answered on February 10,2020

As per Article 1 of DTAA, the benefit of a DTAA agreement will be applicable only for a resident. Thus a Non-Resident cannot claim relief under Sections 90, 90A and 91. Therefore, a non-resident should not fill the FSI and TR Schedule. Schedule FA is not applicable for a Non-Resident. It must be filed by residents in India who own foreign assets abroad.