Answered on July 08,2019
You have to first pay road tax in Bengaluru. Amount of road tax depends on actual date of purchase of car. Older the car lesser the road tax you need to pay.
You might have to pay somewhere between INR 80000 - 85000 as road tax in Karnataka.
You can check the exact road tax using the road tax calculator provided here.
Once you pay the road tax at Bangalore, you need to submit the copy of it in RTO at your home state to get the refund. As you are the legal owner of car, I believe, you have to visit RTO at home state to get it.
You can also check the refund to be received also from the above link.
Answered on July 08,2019
You need to follow the below steps.
Transfer the Ownership to your name
Get NOC from RTO in Varanasi - This is done, I guess.
Get your vehicle re-registered in Bangalore
Request for refund from RTO in Varanasi.
Process involved in each of this step is mentioned here.
You can either do it by yourself or hire an agent to do it.
Complete Guide to RTO Services in KarnatakaRegional Transport Office (RTO) is a government organization responsible for issuing vehicle related certificates in India. RTO in Karnataka provides the following services. No Objectio..
- What is the procedure of cancelation of noc given by Gujarat state for jharkhand state Write Answer
- How do I get road tax refund from Gurgaon RTO as I have paid road tax in Bangalore now ? Write Answer
- I sold a Bajaj discover bike in 2008 (RTO Indiranagar, Bangalore, Karnataka). I did an exchange from hero honda dealership. But in parivahan website it still shows under my name.How to update the records or keep myself safe from other issues ? I don't have any documents with me since its been long time. Write Answer
- What is the current running number at Yelahanka RTO ? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Molleti Ramesh Babu
PGN Property Management
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.