Answered on November 01,2018
A show cause notice is issued when you withheld some personal information or filed incorrect information at the time of applying for passport. For example, it might be issued due to your past criminal background, which was uncovered during police verification.
You have to send a reply to the show cause notice to the respective authority. You can also visit the regional passport office to get a clarity regarding the showcause notice. While visiting the regional passport office, carry all relevant documents that you first attached in your passport application.
- How to respond to a show cause notice at an RPO for Passport ?
- Do I need prior appointment if I go to RPO office for submitting letter regarding show cause notice?
- In my 10th class DMC, my father name is without surname. And on my adhar card, surname is there. Will there be any problem regarding this in passport verification?
- My passport is going to finish its validity/expire in September 2023. Should I apply for Reissue or Renewal of passport? Does it take police verification for this process. I am in Saudi Arabia.
- I have submitted passport application on the behalf of my mother today. By mistake, I have selected graduate and above while my mother is 12th pass out, what will happen in this case?
- My first name and last name are jumbled in my Aadhaar card and passport. Will this be an issue?
- Why is my passport delayed?
Top contributors this week
Start Any Business
MIVA Real Estate
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.