Answered on January 07,2019
NOC is required only in case of vehicle re-registration and ownership transfer. If your vehicle is registered outside Odisha, and you intend to use it in Odisha, for a short duration, you can pay road tax and use it.According to Odisha Motor Vehicles Rules, if your vehicle is not registered in the state and has been kept in state for more than 30 days, you have to inform the RTO and pay tax for the vehicle.
However, if your vehicle is registered outside Odisha and is in Odisha for more than 12 months, you need to change the registration number. If you are not doing so, you may get penalized for not paying the road tax. Tax needs to be paid from the vehicle’s time of entry, along with interest. Road tax is caculated based on age and type of vehicle (Two Wheelers,Motor Cabs, Motor Cars, Jeeps, Omni buses).
- What are the charges for cancelation of non-utilized noc issued by RTO Bhubaneswar to Delhi to? Write Answer
- What is last date for submission of noc in rourkela as I have a NOC which is given to me 3 months back from Faridabad RTO to Rourkela RTO? Write Answer
- I brought my 2008 make car from Odisha to Bangalore in 2009 along with NOC issued to Indira nagar RTO. But I couldn't use NOC due to personal reasons and now the noc is 13 years old unutilized. In odisha life time tax is paid along with new purchase in 2008 but in Bangalore no tax has been paid. Now I want to reregister my car in KA. Whether I can use same 13 year old noc to reregister in Bangalore? If yes what are penalities and charges with fine involved here? What is the procedure to overcome this situation? How much it may cost me altogether. Invoice cost of vehicle is 3.5L in 2008. Write Answer
- I have a honda highness cb350 bike bought and registered in Odisha 2022. I want to transfer bike to Bangalore. How much cost I have to pay for re-registration plus road tax? Write Answer
- I have plan to move to bhubaneswar from bangalore. I want to stay in bhubaneswar for 2-3 years. Do I need to change my registration number? or any noc is required or do I need to pay roadtax? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Indian Highways Management Company Limited
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.