Answered on January 07,2019
NOC is required only in case of vehicle re-registration and ownership transfer. If your vehicle is registered outside Odisha, and you intend to use it in Odisha, for a short duration, you can pay road tax and use it.According to Odisha Motor Vehicles Rules, if your vehicle is not registered in the state and has been kept in state for more than 30 days, you have to inform the RTO and pay tax for the vehicle.
However, if your vehicle is registered outside Odisha and is in Odisha for more than 12 months, you need to change the registration number. If you are not doing so, you may get penalized for not paying the road tax. Tax needs to be paid from the vehicle’s time of entry, along with interest. Road tax is caculated based on age and type of vehicle (Two Wheelers,Motor Cabs, Motor Cars, Jeeps, Omni buses).
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
- I obtained NOC from Jharkhand last month to re-register my vehicle in Odisha..Meanwhile, notification for Bharat series registration for old vehicles got published and I'm eligible for that. However, the said notification has not been implemented yet. What shall I do now? Write Answer
- Can I get NOC from Odisha RTO online as I moved to Madhya Pradesh now? Write Answer
- I have noc of my bike and it's registered in Odisha. I moved to Bangalore. Do I need to submit the noc and if I submit the noc do my registered vehicle number will change from OD to KA? Write Answer
- I got NOC issued for my bike from Bhubaneswar RTA. But I need to submit the documents at Hyderabad RTA (Central Zone). How to submit it? Write Answer
- What are the charges for cancelation of non-utilized noc issued by RTO Bhubaneswar to Delhi to? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
PGN Property Management
A R Ashraf
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.