Answered on March 01,2019
If you don't have a digilocker account, create a digilocker account.
If you already have a digilocker account, please follow the below steps.
- Visit Digilocker website
- Click on Signin to proceed
- Enter your Username and Password in the fields given.Click on the Signin button to Login to your digilocker account.
Enter your Aadhaar number and click on verify button get OTP in your Aadhaar linked mobile number and enter the OTP received on your mobile to Login to your digilocker account
- Click on the Issued Documents. Click on Check Partners Section to begin
- Select Partner Name as ‘Department of Transport, Government of Karnataka, Karnataka’ or ‘Ministry of Road, Transport and Highways, All States’ and ‘Document Type’ as ‘Driving License’.
- If your Aadhar is linked, you can see that your Name and Date Of Birth is automatically filled. Other wise Enter your Name, Date Of Birth, Father’s Name etc (must match with the Date of Birth in your Driver License)
- Enter your Driving license number.
- Now click on ‘Get Document’ button.
- Your driving License data will be fetched and Linked with DigiLocker Account.
- Now, click on issued documents
- Click 'view document'
- Your Driving License will be displayed which you can download in pdf format.
Answered on August 20,2019
For downloading Driving License from Digilocker, follow the the below format for entering Driving License number in Digilocker. If you enter it in any other format, you won't be able to download it.
Driving Licence number can be entered in any of the following formats: DL-1420110012345 or DL14 20110012345
Total number of input characters should be exactly 16 (including space or '-').
If you hold an old driving license with a different format, please convert the format as per below rule before entering.
SS-RRYYYYNNNNNNN OR SSRR YYYYNNNNNNN
SS - Two character State Code (like RJ for Rajasthan, TN for Tamil Nadu etc)
RR - Two digit RTO Code
YYYY - 4-digit Year of Issue (For Example: If year is mentioned in 2 digits, say 99, then it should be converted to 1999. Similarly use 2012 for 12).
NNNNNNN- Rest of the numbers are to be given in 7 digits. If there are less number of digits, then additional 0's(zeros) may be added to make the total 7.
For example: If the Driving Licence Number is RJ-13/DLC/12/ 123456 then please enter RJ-1320120123456 OR RJ13 20120123456.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
How to fix issues with Digilocker?DigiLocker is a digital locker to store all your documents. Sometimes, you might have encountered any of the following issues with Digilocker. Documents uploaded by you to Digilocker mi..
Click here to get a detailed guide
- How do I add my 2012 class 10th pass certificate to digilocker? I have index number in the format T/1234/123. And also, where can I find my candidate ID in the pass certificate? Write Answer
- How to get my 2020 karnataka sslc marks card without registration number? Write Answer
- I cant find my Bangalore University Degree Certificates for 2016-2019. It says no record found. But my all semesters Marksheets available for 2016-19. Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Vileena Rathnam Manohar
A R Ashraf
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.