Answered on January 13,2020
If you don't have a digilocker account, create a digilocker account.
If you already have a digilocker account, please follow the below steps to add Tamil Nadu driving license to Digilocker.
- Visit Digilocker website
- Click on Signin to proceed
- Enter your Username and Password in the fields given.Click on the Signin button to Login to your digilocker account.
Enter your Aadhaar number and click on verify button get OTP in your Aadhaar linked mobile number and enter the OTP received on your mobile to Login to your digilocker account
Click on the Issued Documents. Click on Check Partners Section to begin
Select Partner Name as ‘Ministry of Road, Transport and Highways, All States’ and ‘Document Type’ as ‘Driving License’.
If your Aadhar is linked, you can see that your Name and Date Of Birth is automatically filled. Other wise Enter your Name, Date Of Birth, Father’s Name etc (must match with the Date of Birth in your Driver License)
Enter your Driving license number.
Now click on ‘Get Document’ button.
Your driving License data will be fetched and Linked with DigiLocker Account.
Now, click on issued documents
Click 'view document' to view your driving license.
Answered on August 20,2019
For downloading Driving License from Digilocker, you have to enter your driving license in a specific format. Details of it are provided below.
Driving Licence number can be entered in any of the following formats: DL-1420110012345 or DL14 20110012345
Total number of input characters should be exactly 16 (including space or '-').
If you hold an old driving license with a different format, please convert the format as per below rule before entering.
SS-RRYYYYNNNNNNN OR SSRR YYYYNNNNNNN
SS - Two character State Code (like RJ for Rajasthan, TN for Tamil Nadu etc)
RR - Two digit RTO Code
YYYY - 4-digit Year of Issue (For Example: If year is mentioned in 2 digits, say 99, then it should be converted to 1999. Similarly use 2012 for 12).
NNNNNNN- Rest of the numbers are to be given in 7 digits. If there are less number of digits, then additional 0's(zeros) may be added to make the total 7.
For example: If the Driving Licence Number is RJ-13/DLC/12/ 123456 then please enter RJ-1320120123456 OR RJ13 20120123456.
- I want to sell my bike which has a Karnataka registration. I misplaced my Original RC. Can I submit the digilocker while applying for ownership transfer?
- There are two Digilocker accounts created in error - 1st account was created using mobile number, Aaddhar number was not linked to this account and later another account using aadhar number, mobile number was not linked to this account. Digilocker shows "Mobile number already registered with DigiLocker. You can access your account using your credentials". Same issue when we logged in using a mobile number and tried to link aadhaar - Digilocker shows "Aadhaar number already registered with DigiLocker. You can access your account using your credentials" Can you please help delete the account created earlier using a mobile number?
- I have updated my aadhar card linked mobile number. But new mobile number is not reflected in Digi locker. What to do ?
- I already emailed my concern to Digilocker. But did not receive any update. What should I do ?
- I lost my Digi locker registered number. What to do?
- Mera mobile number addhar card se jo link tha usi pr otp ja rha but mai dusra number link krya hu addhar card me ab mai kya kru khul nhi rha h digilocker ?
- I have forgotten my password for the Digilocker account. Even the forgot password option is not helping. What to do ?