Answered on December 17,2017
If a death occurs at a hospital, a relative should fill Form 2, which the hospital will then send to the BBMP office. The hospital will provide Cause of Death Certificate free-of-cost as soon as the death occurs. The Medical Officer, Health, BBMP will provide the death certificate, which can then be collected at a specified date.
If a death occurs at home, Form 2 can be filled later at the BBMP zonal office. If the death happens while under a doctor's treatment, the doctor would be responsible for giving the certificate free of charge.Applicants have to submit documents including the Cause of Death and cremation certificates at the BBMP zonal office, after which the Medical Officer,Health, BBMP will conduct an inquiry and the certificate will be issued.
How to get death certificate in Karnataka? (2022)A Death Certificate is an official statement confirming the death of a person. A death certificate provides conclusive proof of death of a person along with the place and date of death. Fol..
Top contributors this week
Jean at Adventus Canada immigration
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.