Answered on August 17,2019
Caste certificate is an official statement provided to the citizen by the state government confirming his/her caste.
In order to apply for caste certificate you need to visit the nearest Village office or Thahasildar's office with the following documents.
Address Proof: Any 1 of Passport / Water Bill / Ration Card / Aadhaar Card / Voter ID Card / Telephone Bill / Driving License / Electricity Bill / Property Tax Receipt / Extracts of 7/12 and 8 A/ Rent Receipt
Identity Proof: Any 1 of PAN Card / Passport / RSBY Card / Aadhaar Card / Voter ID Card / MNREGA Job Card / Driving License / Photo of Applicant / Identity card issued by Govt or Semi Govt organisations
Caste Proof: Any 1 of True Copy of School Leaving Certificate / Self Attested Caste Certificate From the Competent Authorities / True Copy of School Leaving Certificate of Father/Uncle/Aunty
Relationship Proof: Affidavit attached with the application.
You will get it within 2-3 weeks of applying for caste certificate.
Answered on August 17,2019
The process to get Caste Certificate in few of the States are mentioned below. If you belong to any of the States, you can see the process from there.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
- How to get caste certificate in Karnataka if I don't have the school leaving certificate? Write Answer
- I have AP caste certificate without my surname and I have applied for a new one with full name. Can I produce both whenever required or not? Write Answer
- माझ्या मुलीच्या कास्ट व्हॅलीडीटी वर आऊट वर्ड नंबर मध्ये एक शून्य जास्त पडलाय त्यामुळे प्रॉब्लेम येत आहे त्या चुकीची दुरुस्ती साठी मी काय करू मंजे मला तो लवकर मिळेल Write Answer
- My uncles belong to talwar caste but my father's caste was written as Kaballiga. Can we get ST certificate by applying for our uncle's certificate? Write Answer
- How should i apply for EBC certificate in AP. When i went to meeseva they said that EBC certificates have been stopped since 2014. But it is essential for my central government scholarship. What should i do? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Vileena Rathnam Manohar
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.