Answered on February 25,2019
When you obtain an NOC from the RTO Bangalore, it means that vehicle doesn’t belong to that RTO anymore. As NOC is valid only for 6 months, you need to reregister the vehicle in RTO at Chennai within that period. However, if you planned not to reregister the vehicle in Chennai, you need to cancel the NOC. Cancelling NOC is required because in future, if you want to sell the vehicle you need to go to RTO in Chennai to obtain NOC for ownership transfer.
For cancelling the NOC, you need to obtain Non Utilization Certificate from RTO in Chennai stating that your vehicle is not registered there. Non utilization certificate is an official statement from the RTO stating that your vehicle is not re-registered in that state.
NOC cancellation is a 4 step process.
- Apply for Non-utilization certificate of NOC from RTO in Chennai. Documents required for the same are listed below.
- A letter requesting Non-utilization certificate
- Original RC book
- Valid Insurance copy
- PUC certificate copy
- Affidavit stating that you have not registered vehicle in new state and no illegal work done using that vehicle
- Police verification certificate from the police commissioner office, Chennai
- Original NOC documents
- ID proof
- Pay the road tax in Chennai
- Once you have paid the road tax, you will get the Non-utilization certificate of NOC within a week. After obtaining the Non utilization certificate, proceed to the RTO where your vehicle is registered and submit the same documents as mentioned above along with Non-Utilization certificate that you got from the migrated state.
- You also need to submit an affidavit stating that you have not registered your vehicle in Chennai.
- How to get a duplicate RC book/card?
- What is the process to get insurance if my car got burned on fire ?
- For calculating the road tax in Bangalore for a car registered in Kerala, should I consider the price at which I buy the car from the original owner or the price at which the original owner buys it from the showroom ?
- How to cancel RC (Registration Certificate) ?
- How long can I drive car registered in another state in Kerala without re-registration?
- I have taken NOC for my bike from Cochin RTO in 2016. But I have not re-registered my vehicle to another state. So what is the current status of my vehicle? And what is way forward if I want to register my bike to my hometown (the same place about which I got NOC earlier)?
- I have re-registered my vehicle recently in another state. The Vahan database still shows the registration date as the one when the vehicle is registered and not the re-registration date. Is this okay?