Answered on February 25,2019
When you obtain an NOC from the RTO Bangalore, it means that vehicle doesn’t belong to that RTO anymore. As NOC is valid only for 6 months, you need to reregister the vehicle in RTO at Chennai within that period. However, if you planned not to reregister the vehicle in Chennai, you need to cancel the NOC. Cancelling NOC is required because in future, if you want to sell the vehicle you need to go to RTO in Chennai to obtain NOC for ownership transfer.
For cancelling the NOC, you need to obtain Non Utilization Certificate from RTO in Chennai stating that your vehicle is not registered there. Non utilization certificate is an official statement from the RTO stating that your vehicle is not re-registered in that state.
NOC cancellation is a 4 step process.
- Apply for Non-utilization certificate of NOC from RTO in Chennai. Documents required for the same are listed below.
- A letter requesting Non-utilization certificate
- Original RC book
- Valid Insurance copy
- PUC certificate copy
- Affidavit stating that you have not registered vehicle in new state and no illegal work done using that vehicle
- Police verification certificate from the police commissioner office, Chennai
- Original NOC documents
- ID proof
- Pay the road tax in Chennai
- Once you have paid the road tax, you will get the Non-utilization certificate of NOC within a week. After obtaining the Non utilization certificate, proceed to the RTO where your vehicle is registered and submit the same documents as mentioned above along with Non-Utilization certificate that you got from the migrated state.
- You also need to submit an affidavit stating that you have not registered your vehicle in Chennai.
Complete Guide to RTO Services in KarnatakaRegional Transport Office (RTO) is a government organization responsible for issuing vehicle related certificates in India. RTO in Karnataka provides the following services. No Objectio..
Top contributors this week
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.