Answered on December 27,2017
An application should be written in a plain paper for the card. The application should be submitted along with the following documents:
- Proof of age (one of the following): Birth Certificate, Voter ID, PAN card, Aadhar card, DL (valid), Ration card, Passport (valid), Pension document, Educational certificate.
- Proof of name: The name given on the form should be the same as indicated in the supporting document. If the name has changed, proof of Govt. Gazette publication should be submitted or marriage certificate produced.
- Proof of address: (ANY 1): Aadhar, Voter's ID, Ration Card, DL (valid), Passport (valid), govt approved pension card, Rental agreement, Bank passbook, Electricity bill or Phone bill (BSNL landline).
- Doctor’s certificate: Required for blood group, illness/diseases, medication in use, and medication allergies. The certificate has to be on the doctor’s letterhead with his/her signature, stamp & registration number, a practitioner of Indian medicine with register number can also certify.
- a) 3 recent passport size photographs to be submitted along with the form.
- b) 2 different photographs are not acceptable.
- c) Black & White photographs are not acceptable.
- Rs.50/- (official government charge)
- PLEASE NOTE:
- If applicant(s) are residing with their children/relatives/friends - Their address proof can be provided along with the proof of relation.
- Once the card is ready, please ensure to collect your card and concession information booklet without fail.
- Acknowledgment slip given at the time of submission of application should be retained for collecting the card.
- Cost of card Rs. 50 only. No additional charges.
- I had applied for senior citizen card in Karnataka and have the acknowledgment number. However, agent through sponsored official who came to my residence and took the documents while registering here itself. I have not got the senior citizen card yet though I have my registered application reference.How to get my senior citizen card? Write Answer
- I am 60 yrs old retired lecturer in a govt college. How will I get senior citizen card? Write Answer
- How to update my residential address on Karnataka senior citizen card? Write Answer
- Can we change the address online in Karnataka senior citizen card? Write Answer
- I lost my grandmother senior citizen card. But I have a photo of a card. How to download the card or how to get the virtual card in Karnataka? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
James Joseph Adhikarathil
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.