Answered on May 20,2018
If you have not applied for re-registration even after 11 months of entering Bangalore city, you will be penalised as per the rule under Section 44 and Section 177 of the Motor Vehicle Act. As per the rule, failure to register the vehicle for more than 11 months, can lead to penalty of Rs 100 for the first offense and Rs 300 for the second and any subsequent offences. This is in addition to the tax that needs to have been paid from the vehicle’s time of entry, along with interest.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
Complete Guide to RTO Services in KarnatakaRegional Transport Office (RTO) is a government organization responsible for issuing vehicle related certificates in India. RTO in Karnataka provides the following services. No Objectio..
Click here to get a detailed guide
- What is the procedure for re-registering a UP registered motor vehicle in Karnataka? How much would it cost me? Write Answer
- I have paid Bangalore road tax. So my rc is of Karnataka. But the number plate is of Maharashtra. What is the procedure and cost just to change my number plate? Write Answer
- If I took license from Karnataka, during my studies, how can I change it to Kerala? Write Answer
- I brought my car from native and bangalore. I paid Tax and get registered to K.R.Puram RTO in 2019 but my vehicle number is not changed yet. How to apply to change my current Registration number to KA series? Write Answer
- I brought my Kerala registered bike to Bangalore. I need to change the registration to KA within 11 months right? Is HR letter enough as address proof? Or do I need to change the address in Adhaar and all? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
pravasi online helper
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.