Answered on December 09,2017
It depends on case to case e.g. whether applied under tatkal scheme or normal scheme. Also whether passport is to be issued on post-police verification basis or pre-police verification basis. Under normal course, in case there is no adverse police verification report or there is no delay in police verification due to incomplete data in the passport application or any such other reason, it can be expected that passport will be received within one month.
- What is the difference between an ordinary passport, diplomatic passport, service passport, official passport and special passport ?
- I lost my passport recently. I've applied for a duplicate passport. I want to know if the new passport will have the same number as my old passport, or a new number?
- How to reply to objection letter of Regional Passport Office by email. What is a RPO's email address ? Objection letter asking to clarify why not mention old passport name in Passport renewal form. In my case, surname was missing in old passport and I have applied renewal with full name (with Surname) ?
- I have applied for re issue for passport and I received Passport as well. But I am getting msges regarding police verification. And I received show cause notice too. What I can do for this ? Will I able to travel with this passport?
- I lost my passport and have been sent to India on Emergency Certificate. What are the documents required to issue a new passport?
- Can I get passport details from passport number by online in India?
- What is the procedure to apply for duplicate passport in case of lost or damaged passport?