Answered on December 29,2017
If you are filing on the last day, there might be delays as servers are overloaded. So, make sure that you have received an acknowledgement number from the tax department. This acknowledgement is sent on your registered email.
Look for an email from DONOTREPLY@incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in with subject 'Confirmation on Submission of IT Return'. The ITR V is usually attached that states the acknowledgment number. If you do not get this email, it could be that your return was not submitted successfully and you may have to refile. You still have to verify your ITR V. You can verify either electronically or mail the signed ITR V to the processing centre within 120 days of filing the return.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
Top contributors this week
pravasi online helper
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.