How can I have multiple pan cards ? Is there any problem with it ?
Answered on June 14,2018
It is possible for a person to have more than 1 PAN card. Some of the reasons for the same are the following.
- When a person applies for a PAN, and it is not received within some time, he reapplies for it resulting in him getting 2 PAN.
- When a person wants to make a correction in PAN, he applies for new PAN instead of applying for a correction. It results in having more than one PAN
- There are people who already have a PAN and they knowingly apply for multiple PANs with mala fide intentions of splitting their income or assets to different PANs.
Penalty for having multiple PANs
However, it is illegal to hold more than one PAN. There is penalty of Rs 10,000 under section 272 B of the Income-tax Act, 1961, which can be imposed in case of holding multiple PANs. Further, if the person holds multiple PANs for wilful evasion of taxes, the individual can also be liable for prosecution under income-tax laws.
How to return additional PAN
You can surrender a PAN using both online and offline processes.
- Visit https://www.onlinese..
- Fill and submit a ‘Changes or Correction in existing PAN data/Reprint of PAN Card (No Changes in existing PAN Data)” application form by mentioning the PAN that you are using currently. The form also provides space to mention all other PAN(s) that may have been inadvertently allotted to you. A copy of the corresponding PAN cards should be submitted along with the cancellation request.
- Download the form from NSDL’s website https://www.tin-ns..
- Mention the PAN you want to continue with on the top of the form and list all the PAN cards that may have been allotted to you.
- Submit this form to your nearest UTI or NSDL Tax Information Network facilitation centre.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
Tax Advocate | Financial Advisor | Virtual CFO . Answered on May 06,2022I have already instant E pan and now I want a physical pan card. Is it possible?
You can apply for reprint of pan card here: Request for Reprint of PAN Card
1 0 667
Mahesh A. Parmar
Gem and Tender Bidding Consultant . Answered on January 17,2022We have registered already in GEM. When I try to make pan validation it's saying our pan name and user name is not matched but I have put the name as it is what mentioned in the PAN card. If I delete the GEM account and create once again is there any problem ? Also, is there any solution to come out of this problem ?
You can close the user account. There wouldn't be any problem. Try to create account based on Aadhar card ...
1 0 3343
Answered on April 21,2023The new PAN Card I have issued has the wrong Pan number printed on it. What should I do to correct it?
This your new pan card. You should read this पैन कार्ड की किसी भी समस्या का समाधान करें अगर किसी के ...
1 0 54
Answered on April 13,2023My name and father's name is wrong in PAN, I haven't linked it to Aadhaar yet. Now I am thinking to apply for a new card, instead of getting the correction done in old card. Will there be any problem with this?
If you apply for new, there will be double pan. It is illegal having more than one pan u/s ...
1 0 183
A R Ashraf
Expert in Revenue and Travel documentation. 17+ years experience in emigration and embassy related documentation. . Answered on April 11,2023I did not got my father name on pan card. Is the pan card valid?
Absolutely yes.. Do not hesitate to use it any where if required. I think you Got same by instant ...
2 0 414
Answered on April 11,2023I did not got my father name on pan card. Is the pan card valid?
Yes , it is valid PAN card. You have applied for e-pan/instant pan which doesn't have father name.
2 0 427
Answered on March 27,2023How can i find out first, middle and last name for Pan card if my name is A XYZ BCDEF?
Fifth character of PAN represents the first character of the PAN holder's last name/surname in case of an individual. ...
2 0 395
Answered on February 17,2023My passport name is different. But now my adhar card, pan card all are having different spelling. What should I do to change spelling of my name in passport?
Get your current/correct name change advertised in two newspaper English and local language. Carry newspaper during visit to passport ...
1 0 680
Answered on February 14,2023I have 2 PAN cards from 2 different states. My IT returns were being filed against my old PAN card and my Aadhar number got linked to my new PAN card. Can I transfer my IT returns to new PAN card and then deactivate my old PAN card?
First of all, both the PANs should be in one Jurisdiction. if one of them are not, must be ...
1 16 572
Answered on February 03,2023Can i get Passport with out study documents as I only have Aadhar and Pan Card?
Yes,you can.But you will get an ECR passport.
1 5 138
Answered on December 11,2022My mom was born in 1960. She doesn't have birth certificate. She has PAN , Adhaar, some old Xerox of marksheet, our registered rent agreement. But police is asking for birth certificate for Passport. What should I do?
Convince police that she is old and how can she preserve birth certificate or education documents
1 0 243
Answered on February 20,2023Can I apply for new pan card if I lost old pan card?
No, you must not apply for new pan if you have lost your old pan card. You can apply ...
1 0 154
Try to help us answer..
Answered on December 04,2020How much time does it take to update mobile number in Aadhaar ?
Dear aspirant, After checking the official site of UIDAI.GOV.IN for your query the maximum days for updation in aadhar card ...
7 6718 134294
Answered on September 19,2021How to convert license number 5/9308/2014 from Kerala to this new format in Digilocker?
Use mparivahan app for RC and License addition which is equivalent to digilocker and also valid for Rto checking. ...
2 1893 40423
Curated Answers from Government Sources . Answered on October 07,2021I update my address on Aadhar card. How many days it will take?
Aadhaar is generated/updated successfully within 90 days if: 1. Quality of enrolment data meets prescribed standards laid down by UIDAI 2. ...
1 0 19088
Ministry of Electronics & IT (MeitY) . Answered on December 06,2022How to get voter id in digilocker?
The department issuing Voter Id card is not yet integrated with DigiLocker. We are working on the integration of ...
1 425 16948
Chartered Accountant,FCA, DISA (ICAI) . Answered on September 30,2021Can I open a bank account without a PAN Card?
Yes. PAN is not mandatory for opening a bank account.
2 2585 56657
Answered on January 28,2022How to respond to a show cause notice at an RPO for Passport ?
An applicant has to reply the show cause notice in written or typed format and send it to the ...
5 732 23835
Rtd Motor Vehicles Inspector, Insurance Surveyor and Accident Investigator . Answered on July 05,2022How to change the date of birth in Driving License?
Kindly check this video.
2 442 26902
A R Ashraf
Expert in Revenue and Travel documentation. 17+ years experience in emigration and embassy related documentation. . Answered on June 04,2023How can i edit my online passport application?
You can edit by using retrieve application link. But once you have submitted your application you can't edit. But you ...
1 0 215
Answered on October 13,2022What is the difference between an ordinary passport, diplomatic passport, service passport, official passport and special passport ?
Type ‘P’ Blue Passport - General public, This type of passport helps foreign authorities distinguish between general public and ...
2 860 17194
Answered on April 03,2021How to find PNR Number of my railway ticket from Transaction ID ?
If you have Railway Receipt (RR) while buying a ticket in IRCTC rail connect app, you can go to PNR enquiry tab and ...
3 1885 37556
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
PGN Property Management
A R Ashraf
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.