Answered on January 15,2018
You have to submit a filled in Form - 6 and submit it to the Electoral Registration Officer (ERO) of the Assembly Constituency and your name will be included in the electoral roll as a voter. There are various ways to submit Form-6. These are as follows :
1. Online Application (specific to Karnataka):
- Register as a user on the Chief Electoral Officer website (http://voterreg.kar.nic.in/) and then use your log in credentials to access the portal.
- Select form 6 from among the options provided and fill in details requested in the online form.
- Upload the necessary documents and submit the form.
- The form will be processed, after which a Booth Level Officer will visit your home to verify the information submitted.
- On successful verification, the voter ID card will be sent by post to the address mentioned on the application.
2. By post:
- Download form 6 from http://www.ceokarnataka.kar.nic.in/Citizen_Form_New.aspx
- Fill it and attach necessary documents.
- Post it to the Voters Registration Centre of your constituency.
3. Deliver By hand:
- Download Form-6 from www.eci.nic.in or respective states CEOs websites. Fill it and attach necessary documents.
- Give the completed form to the Voters Registration Centre of your constituency or to the Booth Level Officer or to the nearest Bangalore One Centre
Answered on February 14,2019
Follow the below steps to apply Voter ID card online.
- Visit National Voter Service Portal
- Click on Form - 6 (Apply online for registration of new voter/due to shifting from AC)
- Fill details about State, District and Assembly/Parliamentary Constituency. As you are a first time voter, click on button near to it.
- Enter details about name, name of relative of applicant, type of relation, your age or date of birth and gender.
The name as it should appear in the electoral roll and Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC) should be furnished. The full name should be written in the first box and surname should be written in the second box. In case you do not have a surname, just write the given name. Caste should not be mentioned except where the caste name is used as part of the elector’s name or a surname. Honorific appellations like Shri, Smt. Kumari, Khan, Begum, Pandit etc. should not be mentioned. Please mention your name in English and official language of the State both, if possible.
- Enter current address where applicant is ordinarily resident.
- Enter permanent address of applicant.
- Enter optional particulars, if any
- Fill the declaration
- Once you have entered all the details, click on "Submit" button.
- Now you will receive an email with a link that lets you track your voter ID application status. It may take around 30 days for your application to be processed and for a voter ID to be issued.
How to correct Voter ID card details ?A Voter ID Card, also known as the Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC) is a photo identity card that is issued by the Election Commission of India to all the citizens of India above the age ..
How to Vote in elections ? (2022)Elections will be held in India every 5 years. In this guide, we will brief you on how to vote for elections in India. Eligibility Following people are eligible to cast their vote. Fo..
- For HK region eligibility certificate, why are they asking for old voter ID before 2002?
- I have my education certificate of more than 10 years.But I don't have like old voter ID and property documents. Can I get 371J certificate with the help of education certificates?
- How to apply for Voter ID card online in Bangalore?
- I have only adhaar card and passport. But I want voter card and ration card. How to get it?
- My voter id is approved and generated my epic number also.But I haven't received my voter id by post.How many days it will take to get physical voter id by post, after approval of voter ID?
- Do I need Voter ID card to vote?
- How to check if Voter ID card is linked to Aadhar card ?
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
PGN Property Management
The Nilgiris TV
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.