How Can I enrol/ register as a new voter and get a Voter ID Card in Bangalore? What are various modes available to an eligible voter for an enrolment?
You have to submit a filled in Form - 6 and submit it to the Electoral Registration Officer (ERO) of the Assembly Constituency and your name will be included in the electoral roll as a voter. There are various ways to submit Form-6. These are as follows :
1. Online Application (specific to Karnataka):
- Register as a user on the Chief Electoral Officer website (http://voterreg.kar.nic.in/) and then use your log in credentials to access the portal.
- Select form 6 from among the options provided and fill in details requested in the online form.
- Upload the necessary documents and submit the form.
- The form will be processed, after which a Booth Level Officer will visit your home to verify the information submitted.
- On successful verification, the voter ID card will be sent by post to the address mentioned on the application.
2. By post:
- Download form 6 from http://www.ceokarnataka.kar.nic.in/Citizen_Form_New.aspx
- Fill it and attach necessary documents.
- Post it to the Voters Registration Centre of your constituency.
3. Deliver By hand:
- Download Form-6 from www.eci.nic.in or respective states CEOs websites. Fill it and attach necessary documents.
- Give the completed form to the Voters Registration Centre of your constituency or to the Booth Level Officer or to the nearest Bangalore One Centre
Follow the below steps to apply Voter ID card online.
- Visit National Voter Service Portal
- Click on Form - 6 (Apply online for registration of new voter/due to shifting from AC)
- Fill details about State, District and Assembly/Parliamentary Constituency. As you are a first time voter, click on button near to it.
- Enter details about name, name of relative of applicant, type of relation, your age or date of birth and gender.
The name as it should appear in the electoral roll and Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC) should be furnished. The full name should be written in the first box and surname should be written in the second box. In case you do not have a surname, just write the given name. Caste should not be mentioned except where the caste name is used as part of the elector’s name or a surname. Honorific appellations like Shri, Smt. Kumari, Khan, Begum, Pandit etc. should not be mentioned. Please mention your name in English and official language of the State both, if possible.
- Enter current address where applicant is ordinarily resident.
- Enter permanent address of applicant.
- Enter optional particulars, if any
- Fill the declaration
- Once you have entered all the details, click on "Submit" button.
- Now you will receive an email with a link that lets you track your voter ID application status. It may take around 30 days for your application to be processed and for a voter ID to be issued.