How can I download an e-PAN card ?
Income Tax Department allows individuals not having a PAN card to download instant e-PAN. e-PAN is a digitally signed PAN card issued in electronic format by the I-T department. The service, which started on 29 June 2018, is available only for a limited period on a first-come-first-serve basis. This is available only for individuals who doesn't have PAN.
It’s free of cost. e-PAN is generated using the particulars available in Aadhaar. So the applicant needs to have an Aadhaar number. Also, mobile number should be linked with Aadhaar to receive OTP
Steps to apply for e-PAN
- Visit Income Tax Website
- Click on “Instant e-PAN” on the left hand side of the page
- Click on “Instant e-PAN”
- Read through the guidelines. Click on Next
- Enter your name, date of birth , gender and Aadhaar number. Please ensure that the data you entered matches with your Aadhaar card. In case, there is any data mismatch, Aadhaar data validation will fail and you cannot proceed with e-PAN creation
- Click on Submit
- Applicant will receive OTP from Aadhaar on registered mobile number. On successful validation of OTP, the Aadhaar data of the applicant will be pre-filled in PAN application form.
- Applicant need to upload the scanned copy of the signature on a white paper as per the specification given below.
Resolution : 200 DPI , Type : Color , File type : JPEG , Size: Max 10 KB , Dimension : 2 X 4.5 cm
- After successful filing of e-PAN application, a 15 digit acknowledgment number will be generated and sent to the mobile number/email ID mentioned in the application form
- You can track the status of e-PAN card and download it from the following link.
- An OTP will be send to mobile number to download the e-PAN