Answered on March 06,2019
Income Tax Department allows individuals not having a PAN card to download instant e-PAN. e-PAN is a digitally signed PAN card issued in electronic format by the I-T department. The service, which started on 29 June 2018, is available only for a limited period on a first-come-first-serve basis. This is available only for individuals who doesn't have PAN.
It’s free of cost. e-PAN is generated using the particulars available in Aadhaar. So the applicant needs to have an Aadhaar number. Also, mobile number should be linked with Aadhaar to receive OTP
Steps to apply for e-PAN
- Visit Income Tax Website
- Click on “Instant e-PAN” on the left hand side of the page
- Click on “Instant e-PAN”
- Read through the guidelines. Click on Next
- Enter your name, date of birth , gender and Aadhaar number. Please ensure that the data you entered matches with your Aadhaar card. In case, there is any data mismatch, Aadhaar data validation will fail and you cannot proceed with e-PAN creation
- Click on Submit
- Applicant will receive OTP from Aadhaar on registered mobile number. On successful validation of OTP, the Aadhaar data of the applicant will be pre-filled in PAN application form.
- Applicant need to upload the scanned copy of the signature on a white paper as per the specification given below.
Resolution : 200 DPI , Type : Color , File type : JPEG , Size: Max 10 KB , Dimension : 2 X 4.5 cm
- After successful filing of e-PAN application, a 15 digit acknowledgment number will be generated and sent to the mobile number/email ID mentioned in the application form
- You can track the status of e-PAN card and download it from the following link.
- An OTP will be send to mobile number to download the e-PAN
Answered on November 07,2019
Follow the below steps to get pan card instantly.
Visit Pan card website.
Click on Apply for new PAN Card (Form 49A).
Click on Digital Mode. Select any one of the options (Aadhaar based eKYC option, eSign Mode, DSC Mode). Under digital mode, applicants do not need to submit physical copy and application form will be signed using Aadhaar-based eSignature or digital signature. Make sure your Aadhaar is updated with your mobile number. An OTP is sent to the mobile number registered with Aadhaar, to conduct the e-KYC.
Select the Status of the Applicant
Select the PAN card mode. While making the application, the applicant has the option to choose whether he/she wants both a physical PAN card and an e-PAN or just an ePAN.
- Now you need to enter following details.
- Enter the personal details including the Aadhaar details.
- Enter the document details.
Provide contact and parent details.
Enter the address details. Physical PAN Card will be dispatched to applicant's communication address as per application form. e-PAN Card will be sent to applicant's e-mail ID as per application form.
You have to upload an image of your signature and a recent photograph in the prescribed format.
If you need a physical PAN card along with e-PAN, you are required to pay INR 107, whereas if you need only the e-PAN charges are INR 66.
Once you make the payment, digital pan card will be sent to your maild id.
Answered on December 03,2019
Check this short video to download PAN card instantly.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question