Answered on May 22,2018
You cannot register car without NOC. If you intend to stay in Karnataka for more than 11 months, then you have to apply for change of address of vehicle and get it re-registered in Karnataka. To apply for the change of address, you have to get a NOC (No Objection Certificate) from the home state RTO where the vehicle is registered.
Following documents are required for NOC .
- Registration certificate
- Insurance certificate
- Pollution Under Control certificate
- Consent of Financier on CMV form 28 (if the vehicle is covered by Hypothecation, HPA or a lease agreement)
- Permit and fitness certificate (applicable for commercial vehicles)
- Pencil print of the chassis number for the CMV 28 form
- Photo identity and address proof
Answered on May 07,2019
Steps to obtain NOC are as follows.