Answered on November 01,2018
Passport cannot be downloaded online. You can upload scanned versions of Passport in to Digilocker and download it as and when required. DigiLocker is a Government of India platform where citizens can store and access digital documents anytime, anywhere and share it online.
Follow the below steps for uploading document to digilocker.
- Go to https://digilocker.gov.in/public/register
- Sign up using your Aadhaar number
- Click the upload icon to start uploading a document. In the file upload dialog box, locate the file from your local drive and select 'open' to complete the uploading.
- To assign a document type to your uploaded file, click 'select doc type'. This will show a pop up with a drop down selection of various document types. Choose the appropriate document type and click 'save'.
- You can also edit the name of the file using the edit icon next to the filename.
Also, You can sign any document uploaded in your 'Uploaded Documents' section using eSign. eSign service is an easy, efficient and secure way of digitally signing electronic documents. With this service, any Aadhaar holder can digitally sign an electronic document without having to obtain a physical digital signature dongle. DigiLocker currently allows pdf, jpeg and png files to be uploaded to your account. All eSigned files are available in the pdf format after signing.
- I have renewed my passport online. Once filling in online I mentioned ecr instead of ecnr and i got the passport in ecr. Can i change that back to ecnr? I have worked abroad for more than 5 years and i don't have any SSLC certificate.
- In my 10th class DMC, my father name is without surname. And on my adhar card, surname is there. Will there be any problem regarding this in passport verification?
- My passport is going to finish its validity/expire in September 2023. Should I apply for Reissue or Renewal of passport? Does it take police verification for this process. I am in Saudi Arabia.
- I have submitted passport application on the behalf of my mother today. By mistake, I have selected graduate and above while my mother is 12th pass out, what will happen in this case?
- My first name and last name are jumbled in my Aadhaar card and passport. Will this be an issue?
- Why is my passport delayed?
- I hav all documents but not having 10th marksheet but having 10th LC. Can I get ECNR passport?
Top contributors this week
Start Any Business
MIVA Real Estate
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.