Answered on November 01,2018
Passport cannot be downloaded online. You can upload scanned versions of Passport in to Digilocker and download it as and when required. DigiLocker is a Government of India platform where citizens can store and access digital documents anytime, anywhere and share it online.
Follow the below steps for uploading document to digilocker.
- Go to https://digilocker.gov.in/public/register
- Sign up using your Aadhaar number
- Click the upload icon to start uploading a document. In the file upload dialog box, locate the file from your local drive and select 'open' to complete the uploading.
- To assign a document type to your uploaded file, click 'select doc type'. This will show a pop up with a drop down selection of various document types. Choose the appropriate document type and click 'save'.
- You can also edit the name of the file using the edit icon next to the filename.
Also, You can sign any document uploaded in your 'Uploaded Documents' section using eSign. eSign service is an easy, efficient and secure way of digitally signing electronic documents. With this service, any Aadhaar holder can digitally sign an electronic document without having to obtain a physical digital signature dongle. DigiLocker currently allows pdf, jpeg and png files to be uploaded to your account. All eSigned files are available in the pdf format after signing.