Answered on December 29,2017
Yes, if one could not file the return of income on or before the prescribed due date, then he can file a belated return. A belated return can be filed at any time before the end of the relevant assessment year or before the completion of the assessment, whichever is earlier. A belated return attracts interest and penalty .
Top contributors this week
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.