Answered on March 23,2019
Business Correspondent Agents (Bank Mitra) are retail agents engaged by banks for providing banking services at locations where opening of a brick and mortar branch / ATM is not viable. Scope of activities of Business Correspondents / Bank Mitra are as under:
- Creating Awareness about savings and other products and education and advice on managing money and debt counseling.
- Identification of potential customers.
- Collection and preliminary processing of various forms for deposits including verification of primary information/data.
- Filling of applications / account opening forms
- Collection and payment of small value deposits and withdrawals.
- Receipt and delivery of small value remittances / other payment instructions.
- Furnishing of mini account statements and other account information.
- Any other service on behalf of the Bank, duly authorized by the appropriate authority etc
Top contributors this week
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.