Answered on March 19,2019
Following are the process for applying Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana.
- A woman of the BPL household, who doesn’t have LPG connection may apply for a new LPG connection (in the prescribed format) to the LPG distributor.
- While submitting the application form, the woman should submit details, like Address, Jandhan/ Bank Account and Aadhar number
- The LPG Field officials will match the application against SECC - 2011 database. Name of the applicant should be there in the SECC 2011 list.
- After ascertaining their BPL status, enter the details (name, address etc) into a dedicated OMC Web portal through a login/ password given by the Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs)
- The connection shall be issued by the Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) to the eligible beneficiaries (after completion of various stages above).
- While the connection charges would be borne by the Government, the OMCs would provide an option for the new consumer to opt for EMIs, if she so desires, to cover the cost of a cooking stove and first refill.
- The EMI amount may be recovered by the OMCs from the subsidy amount due to the consumer on each refill
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
Top contributors this week
pravasi online helper
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.