Answered on July 24,2019
Government fee for making Domicile certificate varies from State to State. In Karnataka, it is around Rs. 45. In Maharashtra, it is around Rs. 35.
Domicile certificate is issued only to those who are a permanent resident of that State. For example, you will get domicile certificate from Maharashtra only if you or your parents are a permanent resident of Maharashtra for last 15 years. The number of years vary from State to State.
- How to download Residential Certificate ? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.