Answered on August 06,2019
Service Tax Registration is a tax registration required for businesses providing services in India. Service tax registration is an indirect tax wherein the service provider pays the tax and recovers the same from the recipient of the taxable service. At present, Service Tax is levied at 12.3% on the value of the taxable service. This includes Education Cess @ 2% on the service tax amount, and Secondary and Higher Education Cess @ 1% on the service tax amount.
Service Tax registration is mandatory for every person or business in India that has provided a taxable service of value exceeding Rs.9 lakhs, in the previous financial year. Service Tax Registration is required for identification of the assesse, deposit service tax, file service tax returns and undertake various processes required under the Finance Act, 1994. Failure to obtain service tax registration would attract penalty in terms of section 77 of the Finance Act, 1994.
- I have a 3rd party insurance in New India Assurance company. My 1yr own damage cover expired. Now I am planning to take a comprehensive/zero deposit policy.Can I take a comprehensive policy for my vehicle from another insurance company? For eg: United Assurance ?
- If any Society has 200 members, then what is the minimum attendance for any decision taking for AGM ?
- What is the procedure to get a 100 Rs. stamp paper for a company agreement?
- Can I do crypto trading in my company account ?
- How to register a Private Limited Company in India?
- How can I remove blacklisted fastag in vehicle no., as the company issued new fastag in the same vehicle no? I had to pay with fine at toll after charging for about 500/ in new fastag act. as they said old fastag has not been deactivated.
- What are the steps involved in registering a company ?