Answered on March 24,2019
Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan (PMSMA) is being introduced to ensure quality Antenatal to over 3 crore pregnant women in the country. Under the campaign, a minimum package of antenatal care services would be provided to the beneficiaries on the 9th day of every month at the Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Clinics to ensure that every pregnant woman receives at least one checkup in the 2nd and 3rd trimester of pregnancy. If the 9th day of the month is a Sunday/ a holiday, then the Clinic should be organized on the next working day.
Answered on March 24,2019
The Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan envisages improvement in the quality and coverage of Antenatal Care (ANC) including diagnostics and counseling services as part of the Reproductive Maternal Neonatal Child and Adolescent Health (RMNCH+A) Strategy.
Objectives of the program
- Ensure at least one antenatal checkup for all pregnant women in their second or third trimester by an OBGY specialist/physician.
- Improve the quality of care during ante-natal visits. This includes ensuring provision of the following services:
- All applicable diagnostic services
- Screening for applicable clinical conditions
- Appropriate management of any existing clinical condition such as Anaemia, Pregnancy induced hypertension, Gestational Diabetes etc.
- Appropriate counselling services and proper documentation of services rendered
- Additional service opportunity to pregnant women who have missed ante-natal visits
- Identification and line-listing of high risk pregnancies based on obstetric/ medical history and existing clinical conditions
- Appropriate birth planning and complication readiness for each pregnant woman especially those identified with a risk factor or a co-morbid condition
- Special emphasis on early diagnosis, adequate and appropriate management of women with malnutrition
Top contributors this week
Indian Highways Management Company Limited
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.