Answered on March 21,2019
Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY) is a maternity benefit program run by Government of India. It was launched on 2010 as Indira Gandhi Matritva Sahyog Yojana (IGMSY). Later it was renamed as Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY) in 2016.
Under this scheme, the pregnant women and lactating mothers will get Rs. 5000 as incentive to be paid in 3 installments as follows.
- First installment of Rs. 1000 on early registration of pregnancy at the anganwadi centre/ approved health facility
- Second installment of Rs. 2000 after six months of pregnancy on receiving at least one anti natal check-up
- Third installment of Rs. 2000 after child birth is registered and the child has received the first cycle of BCG, OPV,DPT and Hepatitis-B
The objectives of the scheme are:
- providing partial compensation for the wage loss in terms of cash incentives so that the woman can take adequate rest before and after delivery of the first living child; and
- the cash incentives provided would lead to improved health seeking behaviour amongst the Pregnant Women and Lactating Mothers (PW&LM).
Top contributors this week
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.