Answered on February 22,2019
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) is a central government scheme intended to provide income support to all Small and Marginal landholding farmer families to supplement their financial needs for procuring various inputs related to agriculture and allied activities as well as domestic needs.
A Small and Marginal landholder farmer family is defined as “a family comprising of husband, wife and minor children who collectively own cultivable land upto 2 hectare as per land records of the concerned State/UT”. The existing land-ownership system will be used for identification of beneficiaries for calculation of payment.
Under the scheme, Landholder Farmer families with total cultivable holding upto 2 hectares shall be provided a benefit of Rs.6000 per annum per family payable in three equal installments, every four months. The scheme takes effect from 01.12.2018. The first installment to eligible beneficiaries during this financial year 2018-19 shall be for the period from 01.12.2018 to 31.03.2019.
The benefit will be provided in three equal installments of Rs. 2000/- each for every 4 months period into the bank account of all eligible beneficiaries. For 2018-19, the beneficiary shall be provided one installment w.e.f. 01.12.2018.
All landholding farmer families having cultivable landholding upto 2 hectare, whose names appear in the land records of States/UT as on 01.02.2019, are eligible to get benefit under the scheme. However, out of these, the following are ineligible to get the benefits :
- All Institutional Land holders; and
- Farmer families in which one or more of its members belong to following categories:-
- Former and present holders of constitutional posts
- Former and present Ministers/ State Ministers and former/present Members of Lok Sabha/ Rajya Sabha/ State Legislative Assemblies/ State Legislative Councils, former and present Mayors of Municipal Corporations, former and present Chairpersons of District Panchayats.
- All serving or retired officers and employees of Central/ State Government Ministries /Offices/Departments and its field units Central or State PSEs and Attached offices /Autonomous Institutions under Government as well as regular employees of the Local Bodies (Excluding Multi Tasking Staff / Class IV/Group D employees)
- All superannuated/retired pensioners whose monthly pension is Rs.10,000/-or more(Excluding Multi Tasking Staff / Class IV/Group D employees)
- All Persons who paid Income Tax in last assessment year.
- Professionals like Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, Chartered Accountants, and Architects registered with Professional bodies and carrying out profession by undertaking practices.
Apply for Scheme
The existing land-ownership system / record of land in different States/Union Territories will be used to identify the intended beneficiaries for transfer of scheme benefits. Responsibility of identifying the landholder farmer family eligible for benefit under the scheme shall be of the State/UT Government.
The beneficiary lists would be displayed at Panchayats to ensure greater transparency and information. Further, States/UTs would notify the sanction of benefit to the beneficiary through system generated SMS.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question