Answered on April 04,2019
Key Features of Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi scheme are the following.
- State Governments or any organization / reputed NGOs / Trusts / Private hospitals / Charitable institutions / Doctors / Unemployed pharmacist/ individualentrepreneurs are eligible to apply for new Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Kendras.
- The applicants shall have to employ one B Pharma / D Pharma degree holder as Pharmacist in their proposed store.
- Applications shall be submitted to BPPI either online or offline.
- Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Kendras can be located within Government hospital premises as well as Private hospital premises or anywhere outside.
- In addition to medicines and surgical items supplied by BPPI, Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Kendras will be allowed to sell allied medical products commonly sold in chemist shops so as to improve the viability of running the Pradhan Mantri Janaushadhi Kendra.
- BPPI shall source the medicines both from Pharma PSUs as well as from Private companies. However, PSUs would have the first right to supply the products that they manufacture in their plants. BPPI shall ensure that private manufactures are only reputed organisations by incorporating strict terms and conditions in the tender specifications.
- Tendering for medicines shall be only through e tendering. All the tendering process shall be completely transparent giving equal opportunity for all the participants.
- BPPI shall establish a Central Ware House, C&F agents at different locations and Distributors in all the States/UTs.
- On receipt of goods at their central ware house, BPPI shall draw samples and sent them to NABL accredited laboratories for inspection. Only after receipt of quality certification from the inspecting laboratories, goods shall be dispatched to C&F agents and Distributors.
- BPPI shall plan and undertake suitable media activities so as to spread the message of generic medicines and to achieve the objectives of the PMBJP.
- Financial support to applicants: An amount of Rs.2.5 lakhs shall be extended to NGOs/agencies/individuals establishing Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Kendras in Government hospital premises where space is provided free of cost by Government to operating agency: Rs. 1 lakh reimbursement of furniture and fixtures Rs. 1 lakh by way of free medicines in the beginning Rs. 0.50 lakh as reimbursement for computer and peripherals, internet, etc.
For the Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Kendras established anywhere else by private entrepreneurs / institutions / NGOs / Trusts / Charitable organizations which are linked with BPPI headquarters through internet shall be extended an incentive up to Rs. 2.5 lakhs. This will be given @ 15% of monthly sales subject to a ceiling of Rs. 10,000/- per month up to a limit of Rs. 2.5 lakhs. In north easternStates, i.e. naxal affected areas and tribal areas, the rate of incentive will be 15% and subject to monthly ceiling of Rs. 15,000 and total limit of Rs. 2.5 lakhs.
- 20% trade margin shall be included in MRPfor retailers and 10% for distributors.
- Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Kendras and Distributors will be allowed 2% of total sales or actual loss, whichever is lower, as compensation against expiry of medicines. Expired goods need not be returned to BPPI. Stocks expiring at the C&F level will entirely be the loss of BPPI.
- Credit facility will be given to all Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Kendras for 30 days against postdated cheques. Distributors will also get credit of 60 days againstpostdated cheques. C&F agencies will have to deposit a security amount depending upon the business.
- BPPI shall arrange suitable training program for the entrepreneurs who do not have any experience in running medicine shops.
- Institutions / Charitable organisations / NGOs who are procuring medicines for own consumption / free distribution to poor and needy will be allowed to procure medicines from BPPI CFA agents.
- Pradhan Mantri Janaushadhi medicines will be sold through “Mobile Pradhan Mantri Janaushadhi Vans” after all requisite approvals are obtained.
Answered on April 04,2019
Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi is a campaign launched by the Department of Pharmaceuticals in association with Central Pharma Public Sector Undertakings, to provide quality medicines at affordable prices to the masses through dedicated outlets called 'Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Kendra'. These provide generic medicines at much lesser price. The potency of these medicines are same as compared to expensive branded medicines available in the open market.