Answered on March 25,2019
Micro Units Development and Refinance Agency Limited (MUDRA), was launched for supporting the last mile financial institutions, banks, Micro-finance Institutions (MFIs), Non-Banking Financial Institutions (NBFCs) and other lending institutions, which are in the business of lending to micro enterprises, engaged in manufacturing, trading, services and other income generating activities.
MUDRA provides refinance, Credit Guarantee and other development support to these lending institutions to expand their outreach and providing support for “funding the unfunded”. This in turn helps micro businesses across the length and breadth of the country. MUDRA’s mandate includes developing the micro enterprise into a viable economic sector, through various developmental interventions, both financial and non-financial, with a view to enhance the income and employment opportunities in the country.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
Top contributors this week
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Advocate Sreekala B @6282313023
Vileena Rathnam Manohar
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.