Answered on March 21,2019
The Mother and Child Protection card is a tool for informing and educating the mother and family on different aspects of maternal and child care.
The card also provides some services delivered to the mother & baby during Antenatal, Intranatal & Post natal care for ensuring that the minimum package of services are delivered to the beneficiary.
The MCP card is available only after registering the pregnancy with approved health centers.
MCP card is required for availing benefits under Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY) scheme.
Top contributors this week
Molleti Ramesh Babu
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Jean at Adventus Canada immigration
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.