Answered on March 19,2019
Under Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, free LPG gas connections are provided to the women belonging to the Below Poverty Line (BPL) household.
The eligibility criteria for PMUY are the following.
- The applicant should be a citizen of India
- The applicant should be a women of below poverty line family
- The applicant should have completed 18 years of age
- No one in applicant’s household should own an LPG connection.
- The household income of the family must not exceed a certain limit prescribed by the state government and union territory.
- Applicant must not be a recipient of similar scheme provided by the government.
- The name of the applicant must be in the list of SECC (Socio Economic Caste Census) -2011 data. In order to check whether your name is there in the list, follow the below process to check it.
- Visit http://220.127.116.11/netnrega/secc_list.aspx
- Select your State
- Select Your Tehsil/taluka,
- Select your Gram Panchayat
- Select the type of list you want to see
- Click on Submit button.
- You will see the list of people who are part of SECC list
Top contributors this week
Molleti Ramesh Babu
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Jean at Adventus Canada immigration
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.