Answered on April 10,2019
1. Eligibility Criteria for establishments for claiming benefit under the scheme:
- Establishment should be registered with EPFO under EPF Act 1952 and have a valid LIN
- In case the establishment does not have a Labour Identification Number (LIN), he may apply through the Shram Suvidha Portal.
- Establishment should have a valid organisational PAN
- Establishment must have a valid Bank Account, the details of which are to be entered and through which payments may be made to the establishment.
- Establishment should have submitted their ECR for the month of March, 2016
- Establishment should have added new employees on or after 01.04.2016
- For new establishments registered after 01.04.2016, all new employees can be covered subject to para 2 below
2. Necessary conditions for eligibility of employees under PMRPY:
- New employee should have joined in the establishment (refer 1(e) above) on or after 01.04.2016 and should not have been a regular employee in any EPF registered establishment prior to this.
- Employer should ensure that the new employee has a valid UAN which is Aadhaar linked and issued after 01st April, 2016. In case it is not available, it may obtained from the EPFO website (http://www.epfindia.com/). The mobile number and other contact details are to be captured by EPFO.
- The monthly wages of the new employee should be less than Rs. 15,001
- The EPS contribution for the new employee will be available for 3 years.
- In case an establishment eligible for a scheme has a drop/fall in employment from the reference base, the establishment will not be eligible for the scheme in the months where employment is below this reference base.
Top contributors this week
Molleti Ramesh Babu
PGN Property Management
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.