Answered on January 22,2018
DIN is a unique Identification Number allotted to an individual who is appointed as director of a company, upon making an application in form DIR-3 pursuant to section 153 & 154 of the Companies Act, 2013
Central Government (Office of Regional Director (Northern Region), Ministry of Corporate Affairs) allots the DIN upon processing the form DIR-3 filed by the applicant. Further person who is appointed as a director upon filing form INC-29 will be issued a DIN by the approving authority (Central Registration Centre).
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Vileena Rathnam Manohar
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.