Answered on February 25,2019
DigiLocker is a digital locker to store all your documents. It offers the following benefits:
- Citizens can access their digital documents anytime, anywhere and share it online. This is convenient and time saving.
- It reduces the administrative overhead of Government departments by minimizing the use of paper.
- Digital Locker makes it easier to validate the authenticity of documents as they are issued directly by the registered issuers.
- You can upload scanned copies of your documents (PDF, JPEG or PNG format) and access it anywhere you want. You can also e-sign these uploaded documents, which works like self-attestation of physical documents.
The storage capacity offered per user is 1 GB, without any limit on the number of documents that can be uploaded to it.
Answered on March 01,2019
Details about Digilocker is provided below.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
How to fix issues with Digilocker?DigiLocker is a digital locker to store all your documents. Sometimes, you might have encountered any of the following issues with Digilocker. Documents uploaded by you to Digilocker mi..
Click here to get a detailed guide
- I completed 12th in 2020 I could not get my marksheet. Can i know the reason for this. How to get it? Write Answer
- I want to add surname to my educational certificates after following all the legal procedures.Will I be able to fetch my updated certificates from Digilocker? Write Answer
- How to update my name in Digilocker? Write Answer
- I filled all information correct but it's showing no certificate related your search in digilocker my CBSE marksheets. What to do? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Vileena Rathnam Manohar
A R Ashraf
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.