What is an e-Passport ?
Answered on February 11,2019
E-Passport is issued to prevent tampering of passport. Passport will have a chip with an advanced security system. This chip will have all the details including date of birth, name of father or spouse of the applicant. The e-passport will have higher paper quality and printing too. In case if someone tries to tamper the e-passport with another image of the original passport holder, a message alerting the passport office will be generated through a separate software system.
Some of the features of e-Passport is as follows.
- The e-passport will have thicker front and back covers
- The back cover will have a small silicon chip, smaller than a postage stamp, as well as an embedded rectangular antenna
- It will take a few seconds to be read. Vital extra seconds will be saved at the immigration counters
- The software has been developed by IIT-Kanpur and National Informatics Centre (NIC). There is no commercial agency involved.
- The memory space of the chip is 64 kilobytes. Information up to 30 visits and international movement can be stored
- It is expected to store the photograph of the holder and eventually fingerprints too
As of today (February 2019), E-Passport is not yet issued. The manufacturing of e-passport with advanced security features and better printing and paper quality will commence on the successful completion of the tendering and procurement process by ISP, Nashik.
Passport will be issued first to diplomats and officials. In the second phase, it will be issued to the general public.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
Answered on February 17,2023There is a mistake in my father's surname in 10th class DMC and Aadhaar card. Can i apply for passport ECNR?
Of course, but you have to give advertisement in 2 newspaper and 2 id of your correct surname.
1 0 136
A R Ashraf
Answered on February 10,2023I was renewing my indian passport from canada. Under education qualification i am confused between “Graduate and above” and “10th pass and above”? I did 12th in India and a two course in Canada
Don't be confused. You can go with 10th pass and above or Graduate and above. There is nothing to ...
1 0 120
Answered on February 17,2023My passport name is different. But now my adhar card, pan card all are having different spelling. What should I do to change spelling of my name in passport?
Get your current/correct name change advertised in two newspaper English and local language. Carry newspaper during visit to passport ...
1 0 157
A R Ashraf
Answered on February 11,2023If mother is govt employee, do we need noc to obtain minor passport?
No but you need to mention this fact while applying for passport.
1 0 28
Digital Doc Solution
Answered on February 18,2023I am on a bail, having charge of IPC 452. Can I get passport?
Get a No Criminal Case Pending Certificate.
1 0 39
Digital Doc Solution
Answered on February 18,2023Can I get PDF my passport based on name, number and date of birth? I lost the passport.
No, You cant. File a NOC in nearest police station regarding Lost Passport, Apply for Re-issue of Passport from ...
1 0 51
Answered on February 03,2023Can i get Passport with out study documents as I only have Aadhar and Pan Card?
Yes,you can.But you will get an ECR passport.
1 2 62
A R Ashraf
Answered on December 24,2022In my 10th class DMC, my father name is without surname. And on my adhar card, surname is there. Will there be any problem regarding this in passport verification?
Absolutely yes. There would be a issue if there is a difference in parents name between your sslc marks ...
1 0 387
A R Ashraf
Answered on December 20,2022My passport is going to finish its validity/expire in September 2023. Should I apply for Reissue or Renewal of passport? Does it take police verification for this process. I am in Saudi Arabia.
Yes. You can apply. There is a higher chance to get your passport without police verification if you apply ...
1 0 325
Answered on December 11,2022I have submitted passport application on the behalf of my mother today. By mistake, I have selected graduate and above while my mother is 12th pass out, what will happen in this case?
Nothing will happen don't wory
1 6 113
Answered on December 10,2022My first name and last name are jumbled in my Aadhaar card and passport. Will this be an issue?
I recommend you to correct your details as soon as possible because maybe you will face errors while applying ...
1 0 266
Answered on December 10,2022Why is my passport delayed?
If the police verification of your passport has been done, then it will be received by Indian Post on ...
1 0 147
Answered on August 22,2019How to check if Voter ID card is linked to Aadhar card ?
You can do it via SMS and Phone number as well. By SMS: Send following message from your registered number to ...
3 2056 40824
Ministry of Electronics & IT (MeitY) . Answered on December 06,2022How to get voter id in digilocker?
The department issuing Voter Id card is not yet integrated with DigiLocker. We are working on the integration of ...
1 92 10319
Answered on December 04,2020How much time does it take to update mobile number in Aadhaar ?
Dear aspirant, After checking the official site of UIDAI.GOV.IN for your query the maximum days for updation in aadhar card ...
7 5974 119407
Rtd Motor Vehicles Inspector, Insurance Surveyor and Accident Investigator . Answered on July 05,2022How to change the date of birth in Driving License?
Kindly check this video.
2 114 20349
Answered on December 11,2021What is TKWL, CKWL, RAC, PQWL,GNWL, RLWL,CNF etc. ?
RAC means Reservation against Cancellation. If you have a RAC ticket, then your travel with a train is guaranteed ...
2 0 15866
VO TECHNOLOGIES FASTag
Answered on October 26,2022How to close the icici bank fast tag account and get the refund?
Step 1 : Know Your ICICI FASTag Customer ID (Call to Customer Care 18002100104) Step 2 : Register Your Account ...
1 301 6760
Answered on July 15,2021I have lost my 10th marksheet and birth certificate. How can I apply for the passport?
You can take your Intermediate certificate if your done with your higher studies or else you can take your ...
4 30 32048
Chartered Accountant,FCA, DISA (ICAI) . Answered on September 30,2021Can I open a bank account without a PAN Card?
Yes. PAN is not mandatory for opening a bank account.
2 2390 52754
Answered on October 13,2022What is the difference between an ordinary passport, diplomatic passport, service passport, official passport and special passport ?
Type ‘P’ Blue Passport - General public, This type of passport helps foreign authorities distinguish between general public and ...
2 614 12260
Answered on September 19,2021How to convert license number 5/9308/2014 from Kerala to this new format in Digilocker?
Use mparivahan app for RC and License addition which is equivalent to digilocker and also valid for Rto checking. ...
2 1420 30969
- There is a mistake in my father's surname in 10th class DMC and Aadhaar card. Can i apply for passport ECNR?
- I was renewing my indian passport from canada. Under education qualification i am confused between “Graduate and above” and “10th pass and above”? I did 12th in India and a two course in Canada
- My passport name is different. But now my adhar card, pan card all are having different spelling. What should I do to change spelling of my name in passport?
- If mother is govt employee, do we need noc to obtain minor passport?
- I am on a bail, having charge of IPC 452. Can I get passport?
- Can I get PDF my passport based on name, number and date of birth? I lost the passport.
- Can i get Passport with out study documents as I only have Aadhar and Pan Card?
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.