Answered on December 29,2017
The certificate contains information about the user’s identity (name, pin code, country, email address, the date the certificate was issued and the name of the certifying authority).
A Digital Signature is an electronic form of a signature. Just as one authenticates a document with handwritten signature, a digital signature authenticates electronic documents.
A Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) can be presented electronically to prove identity, to access services on the internet or to sign certain documents digitally. A DSC provides with a high level of security for online transactions by ensuring absolute privacy of information exchanged using a DSC.
Top contributors this week
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.