What documents are required to open an account under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana account ?
Answered on March 23,2019
Any of the following documents are required for opening Jan Dhan account.
- Driving license,
- Permanent Account Number (PAN) Card,
- Voter’s Identity Card issued by Election Commission of India,
- Job card issued by NREGA duly signed by an officer of the State Government,
- Letter issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India containing details of name, address and Aadhaar number, or
- Any other document as notified by the Central Government in consultation with the Regulator:
- Identity card with applicant's Photograph issued by Central/State Government Departments, Statutory/Regulatory Authorities, Public Sector
Undertakings, Scheduled Commercial Banks, and Public Financial Institutions;
- Letter issued by a Gazetted officer, with a duly attested photograph of the person.
Those persons who do not have any of the ‘officially valid documents’ can open “Small Accounts” with banks.
A “Small Account” can be opened on the basis of a self-attested photograph and putting his/her signatures or thumb print in the presence of officials of the bank. Such accounts have limitations regarding the aggregate credits (not more than Rupees one lakh in a year), aggregate withdrawals (nor more than Rupees ten thousand in a month) and balance in the accounts (not more than Rupees fifty thousand at any point of time).
These accounts would be valid normally for a period of twelve months. Thereafter, such accounts would be allowed to continue for a further period of twelve more months, if the account-holder provides a document showing that he/she has applied for any of the Officially Valid Document, within 12 months of opening the small account.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question