Answered on December 17,2017
Loss of passport should be immediately reported to the nearest Police Station and to the Passport Office or Indian Mission, if abroad. You can apply for "Re-issue" of passport at your nearest Passport Seva Kendra and submit the required documents along with your passport application form.
- What is the difference between an ordinary passport, diplomatic passport, service passport, official passport and special passport ?
- I lost my passport recently. I've applied for a duplicate passport. I want to know if the new passport will have the same number as my old passport, or a new number?
- I lost my passport and have been sent to India on Emergency Certificate. What are the documents required to issue a new passport?
- Can I get passport details from passport number by online in India?
- What is the procedure to apply for duplicate passport in case of lost or damaged passport?
- What does Re-issue of passport means ? Is it same as passport renewal ?
- What is difference between Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) and Passport Office (PO) ?