Answered on April 04,2019
Following are the requirements for opening a Pradhan Mantri Janaushadhi Kendra.
- Own space or hired space duly supported by proper lease agreement;
- Minimum required space conforming to standards as approved by the BPPI (Bureau of Pharma Public Sector Undertakings of India) i.e. 120 sq. ft.
- Sale license from competent authority (Retail drug license in the name of the applicant and/or Tin No.);
- Proof of securing a pharmacist with computer knowledge (name of the pharmacist, Registration with the State Council etc. needs to be furnished ) ;
- Financial capacity to run the Store supported by audited accounts for the last three years (Bank Statements for the last 03 years or sanction letter from Bank for extending loan in case of individuals);
- Drug License in name of “Pradhan Mantri Janaushadhi Kendras”.
Answered on April 04,2019
For opening a Jan Aushadi Store. you require the following.
- For opening new Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Kendra (PMBJK) minimum space required is 120 sq feet
- The Kendra should have sufficient furniture like:Racks to store the medicines, counter for issue of bills and medicines to patients, office
tables, computer table and chair/stools etc for working of staff.
- The operating agency will recruit the staff for running the Kendra as per the requirement at their own cost.
- All billings should be done using software provided by BPPI. No medicine can be sold in PMBJK without using the software provided by Bureau of Pharma Public Sector Undertakings of India (BPPI).
- PMBJK operators will be allowed to sell allied medical products, commonly sold in chemist shops but they are not allowed to sell any medicines other than Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Kendra.
- The number of medicines to be sold at PMBJK will be increased to make the scheme viable, in addition, surgical as per requirement would also be supplied.
- It shall be the responsibility of the operating entity to obtain drug license in the name of PMBJ KENDRA and other permissions to run a drug store. Compliance to all statutory requirements for storage of drugs shall be ensured by the operating agency.
- BPPI's Distributor will take back Expiry/Breakage to the maximum extent or upto 2% of the total purchase value of PMBJ KENDRA as purchased by retailer from
BPPI/BPPI’s distributors respectively.
- Operating agency will run Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Kendra as per terms and conditions in agreement to be signed with BPPI before start of operations.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question