Answered on March 23,2019
Criteria for eligibility
All Indian nationals are eligible to apply for the Jan Dhan Yojana scheme. Any form of identity proof that is duly authorised by gazette officers is acceptable to open a Jan Dhan Yojana account; in the absence of any available documentation, banks are required to conduct through background checks. Rest assured that lack of adequate documentation does not automatically disqualify you from the scheme. Minors above the age of 10 are also eligible for the scheme, and can avail of the RuPay debit card associated with the account to withdraw money from ATMs.
Life insurance eligibility
The conditions for life insurance eligibility under the Jan Dhan Yojana are a lot more stringent than they are for basic qualification for the scheme. Life insurance coverage is only offered to one member of a household, and you must either be the head of your household or, if the head of the house is over 60 years of age, then you must be the second oldest earning member.
You must also be between 18 to 59 years of age, and must have opened a bank account for the first time between 15th August, 2014 and 31st January 2015. Your bank account must be bio-metric linked and you must also hold a RuPay card. You are not eligible for insurance coverage if you are a State or Central Government employee, public sector employee, have a taxable income, or have life insurance from any other scheme.
Personal accident insurance eligibility
Accident cover pays out up to Rs.1 lakh in the case of accidental death. To be eligible, you must have a RuPay card with at least one successful financial or non-financial transaction within 90 days prior to the date of the accident.
Answered on March 23,2019
Life Insurance Eligibility
Following are the eligibility criteria for availing life insurance cover of INR 30,000 under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana account
- Person opening Bank account for the first time, with RuPay Card in addition, during the period from 15-08-14 to 26-01-15, or any additional period as may be extended further by Government of India.
- The person should normally be head of the family or an earning member of the family and should be in the age group of 18 to 59 ( i.e. person should be at least 18 years old, and should not have completed 60 years of age). In case the head of family is 60 years or more of age, the second earning person of
the family in the above mentioned age group will be covered, subject to eligibility.
- Person must have a RuPay Card and Bio – Metric Card linked to bank account or in process of being linked to bank account if not already there.
- The account can be any bank account including a small account.
- For the coverage to be effective the above RuPay Card should be valid and in force at the time of the death of the member
- Only one person in the family will be covered in the Bima Scheme and in case of the person having multiple cards / accounts the benefit will be allowed only
under one card i.e. one person per family will get a single cover of Rs.30,000/-, subject to the eligibility conditions.
- The life cover of Rs 30,000/- under the scheme will be initially for a period of 5 years, i.e. till the close of financial year 2019-20. Thereafter, the scheme will
be reviewed and terms and condition of its continuation, including the issue of future payment of premium by the insured thereafter, would be suitably determined.
- In case the PMJDY Account is held jointly, then the first account holder i.e. primary Account holder will be eligible for cover subject to the eligibility conditions
Personal Accident Insurance eligibility
Following are the eligibility criteria for availing Accidental Insurance Cover of Rs.1.00 lakh under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana account
The Claim under Personal Accidental Insurance under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana scheme shall be payable if the Rupay Card holder have performed minimum one successful financial or non-financial customer induced transaction at any Bank Branch, Bank Mitra, ATM, POS, E-COM etc. Channel both Intra and Inter-bank i.e. on-us (Bank Customer/RuPay card holder transacting at same Bank channels) and off-us (Bank Customer/Rupay card holder transacting at other Bank Channels) within 90 days prior to date of accident including accident date will be included as eligible transactions under the Rupay Insurance Program 2016-2017.
- Central Government and State Government employees (in service or retired) and their families.
- Employees (in service or retired) of Public Sector Undertakings, Public Sector Banks, any entity owned by Central Government, any entity owned by a State Government or any entity jointly owned by the Central Government and any State Government, and their families.
- Persons whose income is taxable under I.T. Act 1961 or are filing the yearly Income Tax return or in whose case TDS is being deducted from the income, and their families.
- Persons who are included in the Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana covering 48 occupations defined under the Scheme, and their families.
- Otherwise eligible account holders, who have life cover on account of any other scheme of the Bank against the account, shall have to choose between the two schemes and derive benefit from only one.
- All persons who do not fulfill the basic eligibility conditions of the scheme.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question